cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

I purchased a Pixel 3 recently and when I try to set up Sprint Visual Voicemail app, it times out when trying to verify my account information with the error "Account Verification Error - Communication with Voicemail-to-Text server has timed out"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, including some of the other APK mirror versions of the app available in other threads, but with no luck. Also updated my android version, again with no luck. Is there a way to resolve this? I need some type of app to notify me when I receive voicemails.

91 REPLIES 91
Highlighted

I gave up on Sprint's voicemail app after having this exact issue. I ended up downloading a third party app (Youmail) and have had no issue with it so far. Been using it for over a year now. That's my recommendation...avoid further frustration and try a different app. 

Highlighted

Yes, nothing could be done, especially since they determined it's not my device that's the issue, it's the voicemail software.

Highlighted

I went for a long time without it working and then all of a sudden it started working for me. Sadly I don't recall exactly when, but I think it was last year some time after a Google update. I assumed that the update was what caused it to start working.

Highlighted

I don't even have regular voicemail. It doesn't work. When people call me it rings and never goes to voicemail. If I hold down the 1 key to check my voicemail or set it up it says sorry the number you called is busy please try again later.   Visual voicemail didn't work either.  If try to set up voicemail or access from another phone it also doesn't work. 

Highlighted

Yes more than once. They couldn't help me. One even suggested I buy another phone when I had just bought the Pixel 3. They were no help at all. 

Highlighted

Lets see what I can do to assist you with this. Can you send me a private message? 

Highlighted

As a Pixel user, I can give you the official answer and what I do.

Out the box, voicemail will not work, you have to download and install the Sprint Visual Voicemail app.  It is free of charge.  You only get charged if you use premium services.  That's the official answer.

What I do is I use Google Voice.  The GV number is different from my Sprint number and I have the calls forwarded to Google Voice.  It's easier and you get a transcription of the voicemail.

1. Press *73, followed by 10-digit Google Voice forwarding number.
  2. Press TALK.
  3. You will hear The calling feature has been activated or alert tones when forward is activated.
  4. All calls with no answer after 23 seconds will be routed to the destination number.

Highlighted

Like most people having this issue, that was the first thing I tried 2 years ago when I realized I had this issue and periodically I'll download the latest vvm in hopes they had fixed it but still doesn't work. I pretty much gave up on sprint and started using the youmail app and it works flawlessly for me. 

Highlighted

I tried Youmail it also doesn't work.
Highlighted

I have Pixel 3XL not the 3a and yes I spent hours and many evenings on phone with customer care. I also took my phone to more than on sprint store with a service center. No one could figure it out. 

Highlighted

Yeah, it doesn't matter 3XL or 3A, it should work.  I do like the layout/GUI of Sprint Visual Voicemail and just went the Google Voice route.  It makes no sense to get a phone without bloatware just to add bloatware.

@JDugan27 wrote:

I have Pixel 3XL not the 3a and yes I spent hours and many evenings on phone with customer care. I also took my phone to more than on sprint store with a service center. No one could figure it out. 

This doesn't work either. I was able to use google voice for a few weeks with visual vm downloaded. Then it stopped working that was probably a year ago.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat