cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

I purchased a Pixel 3 recently and when I try to set up Sprint Visual Voicemail app, it times out when trying to verify my account information with the error "Account Verification Error - Communication with Voicemail-to-Text server has timed out"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, including some of the other APK mirror versions of the app available in other threads, but with no luck. Also updated my android version, again with no luck. Is there a way to resolve this? I need some type of app to notify me when I receive voicemails.

91 REPLIES 91
Highlighted

It does work because that's exactly what I'm using now.  I'm not sure what you mean by "visual vm downloaded" because you would not use Google Voice with Sprint Visual Voicemail downloaded.  You would use the Google Voice App.  You are just forwarding your calls to your Google Voice number when you do not answer.

@JDugan27 wrote:
This doesn't work either. I was able to use google voice for a few weeks with visual vm downloaded. Then it stopped working that was probably a year ago.

I just tried to use SprintVSprint Voicemail just to see if maybe now it would work. I downloaded it and the now required hub. Same issue. When I try to personalize voicemail it just dials 1 and gives same error message that the number I am calling is busy. It is no different than Youmail. It just doesn't work. I get the message that my number is busy and can't get past that to set up the voicemail. 

Highlighted

I am telling you it doesn't work. I can't access voicemail to even set it up. Look up this subject line in sprint community. All of these people had same issue I have. Re: Voicemail not Picking up Cannot Access Settings. 

My previous work around was I had to have Google Voice on my phone just so I could use my Google Voice number to call myself on my Sprint number to access vm that way. That doesn't work anymore either. Google voice is now deleted off my phone. I have Sprint visual vm downloaded. It doesn't fix the issue I can't access vm settings to set up vm, when people call me that can't leave a vm, if I call myself or hold down 1 key to access vm settings it tells me the number is busy. To set up visual vm you still need to be able to access those settings which I can't. It just tells me the number is busy. 

Highlighted

You are correct, and I am in the same boat as you. Youmail works for me, luckily, just as good as sprint vvm. 

Highlighted

Due to how Voicemail forwarding works, and how Visual Voicemail is supposed to work, if you have ever been setup to use voicemail forwarding to a service like youmail or Google Voice, you will never get Sprint Visual Voicemail to work without first resetting your Voicemail to no longer be forwarded to the other service.  I had this issue when setting up my Mother-in-law's Pixel 3a (which is totally compatible with Sprint VVM), her previous phone was an open market Samsung Galaxy phone that was forwarding to a third party VVM service.

We had so much trouble just trying to self activate her 3a that I ended up taking it to a Sprint Store.  The tech at the Sprint store noticed while activating the phone and programming its eSIM that she had voicemail forwarding setup and asked if she wanted to switch back to using the default Sprint Voice Mail service or for him to reinstall the third party app.  When he added that Sprint VVM works on the 3a I had him reset her forwarding.  I installed Sprint VVM and it has been working fine for the year she has had the 3a so far.

Now with the T-Mobile merger, there might be some issues.  Things like forwarding preferences might accidentally get reset, in which case you may need to redo them.  I use Google Voice, it works great, I had to reset it up the other day, after my local area had a massive blackout of cell coverage related to T-Mobile integrating Sprint hardware onto their network. But It works.

Highlighted

You are correct.  If forwarding was ever set up, you have to disable it.  For the record, the merger has nothing to do with voicemail.

@tehfearless1 wrote:

Due to how Voicemail forwarding works, and how Visual Voicemail is supposed to work, if you have ever been setup to use voicemail forwarding to a service like youmail or Google Voice, you will never get Sprint Visual Voicemail to work without first resetting your Voicemail to no longer be forwarded to the other service.  I had this issue when setting up my Mother-in-law's Pixel 3a (which is totally compatible with Sprint VVM), her previous phone was an open market Samsung Galaxy phone that was forwarding to a third party VVM service.

We had so much trouble just trying to self activate her 3a that I ended up taking it to a Sprint Store.  The tech at the Sprint store noticed while activating the phone and programming its eSIM that she had voicemail forwarding setup and asked if she wanted to switch back to using the default Sprint Voice Mail service or for him to reinstall the third party app.  When he added that Sprint VVM works on the 3a I had him reset her forwarding.  I installed Sprint VVM and it has been working fine for the year she has had the 3a so far.

Now with the T-Mobile merger, there might be some issues.  Things like forwarding preferences might accidentally get reset, in which case you may need to redo them.  I use Google Voice, it works great, I had to reset it up the other day, after my local area had a massive blackout of cell coverage related to T-Mobile integrating Sprint hardware onto their network. But It works.

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

You are correct.  If forwarding was ever set up, you have to disable it.  For the record, the merger has nothing to do with voicemail.

You say that now, but it won't be long before T-Mobile wants to remind us that we are all their customers now, and that Sprint is technically no more.  This will eventually manifest in trying to coerce us to use the T-Mobile VVM app which is the only VMM app I have ever tested that was worse than the Sprint VVM app.  It rarely works on phones that it came preinstalled on.

Highlighted

As a project manager...not on any roadmap I've seen.  I'm not saying it won't happen, but in the near future.

@tehfearless1 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

You say that now, but it won't be long before T-Mobile wants to remind us that we are all their customers now, and that Sprint is technically no more.  This will eventually manifest in trying to coerce us to use the T-Mobile VVM app which is the only VMM app I have ever tested that was worse than the Sprint VVM app.  It rarely works on phones that it came preinstalled on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat