cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 Not Compatible with Sprint Visual Voicemail?

I purchased a Pixel 3 recently and when I try to set up Sprint Visual Voicemail app, it times out when trying to verify my account information with the error "Account Verification Error - Communication with Voicemail-to-Text server has timed out"

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, including some of the other APK mirror versions of the app available in other threads, but with no luck. Also updated my android version, again with no luck. Is there a way to resolve this? I need some type of app to notify me when I receive voicemails.

91 REPLIES 91
Highlighted

I've also been experiencing this issue and would love a solution. Voicemail notifications have never worked for me on my Pixel 3. It took me quite a while to notice, because I don't get that many, which makes it all the more onerous, because I don't want to have to check all the time. I do have the My Sprint app (which I assume is what you are referring to as the Sprint Hub app).

The verifying account information screen shows when I first install and doesn't go away until I touch the screen at which point it advances to show me the personalization screen and an initial voicemail message, but doesn't show me any of the actual messages in my voicemail box.

Highlighted

I hear ya Kadhim. A resolution is still in the works. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

Any updates on a fix yet? Thank you!

Highlighted

Nothing to report at this time.  Last I heard the Big G was cooking up a software release.

@acebel wrote:

Any updates on a fix yet? Thank you!

Highlighted

Any updates on this?

Highlighted

Nothing substantial at this point.  "We are attempting to duplicate to find a proper solution and blah...blah...blah".  Personally, I think it's just bad timing with the Pixel 4 launch, holiday season, and low incident report.  That's just my two cents.  Folks who PM me about, I just tell them to set up Google Voice to handle VM duties.  More reliable and you get a VM transcript.

@acebel wrote:

Any updates on this?

Highlighted

I don't think there will be a solution. This is a hardware issue.

The newer BYOD phones use virtual "eSIM" card, Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, and 3XL do not.  They have a nanoSIM card slot, but it isn't needed to access most networks.  These eSIM devices access and authenticate on the network differently to how physical SIM phones do.  They have a single electronic serial number, like how pure CDMA phones did.  The Pixel 2 and 3 series phones (excluding the 3a) have multiple electronic serial numbers as they need to both be CDMA activated and use a physical SIM for 4G.  The CDMA chipset has one serial number, and the SIM card has its own serial number.  Thus these phones access the network differently.

The Pixel 3a is Google's first phone to use eSIM technology, and this is carried through with the Pixel 4 line.  The Pixel 3a can access Sprint VVM.

I have tried flashing fully stock Pixel 3a firmware onto my Pixel 2 and my Pixel 3 but VVM won't work.

Sprint might be able to make it work by changing how the network identifies phones and how voicemail is handled, but with the impending T-Mobile merger I doubt they have the motivation to do that much work.

Highlighted

I don't think that's the problem, my co-worker has the pixel 3, just like mine, but his vvm works fine. It didn't at first but after several trial and errors it just started working. I pretty much gave up on spring caring about it's customers and have just set my VM recording to let the callers I miss know that due to sprint's lack of interest in addressing this issue, they can try calling me again or email / text me. Sad solution but what can you do.

Highlighted

It might be possible that your co-worker's Pixel 3 is a different hardware revision than yours. I haven't gotten my hands on another Pixel 3 since I got a review sample for my business. I did ask around and it seems that some later Pixel 3 models were revised to include eSIM. This would include any Pixel 3 or 3XL manufactured after the launch of the 3a
Highlighted

I got my Pixel 3 XL when they first came out. I spent over 20 hours on phone with Sprint and Google. I visited several store locations. No one could help me get voicemail to work. I ended up having to use Google Voice but that doesn't work anymore either. Did anyone ever figure out how to get voicemail? I have missed so many important calls or had to explain to businesses that are calling me back that they have to text me because I don't have Voicemail. Do you know how hard that is for people to understand in 2020? When I dial 1 to call voicemail it just tells me "Sorry the number you are trying to call is busy. Please try again later." I can try calling it from another phone too it doesn't work. When people call me they never get to a point where my voicemail picks up. In the past I tried using Visual Voicemail customer service got it to work for a day. They added some other voicemail charge onto my bill to try something else which I thought was ridiculous because basic voicemail should be included in the plan. That didn't work either. I would come home after work and call night after night going through the same trouble shooting and having to re explain the issue and they would escalate, escalate etc and nothing ever worked. The last person said they needed to contact Google to get some code for my phone and once they received that would call me back. Yeah that never happened. When I called back days later they had no idea what I was talking about. 

Highlighted

If this hasn't been solved by now, I would honestly give up on sprint ever even trying to get this fixed. My only "bandaid" was to set 3 daily reminders on calender (morning, afternoon and evening) so that I can remember to check my voicemail. I also set my voicemail greeting to let any calls I miss know that sprint is refusing to address this so please try calling again, text me or email me so I can reply to the missed call. 

Highlighted

Hey, I'm here to help. Visual voicemail is available to the Pixel 3 via download. Have you ever carried the device to a Sprint Repair store? 

S.R
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat