Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 XL Auto Call Screening Feature not Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 XL Auto Call Screening Feature not Working

A little background first: I have a Google Pixel 3 XL.  I was having a number of cellular connectivity issues that I initially believed were hardware issues, so Google sent me a replacement phone.  It turns out the issue was a software issue, but everything was fixed with the March system update from Google.

On my first phone, I had the new Google auto call screening feature enabled.  This feature allows suspected spam calls to be screened before your phone even rings so that you aren't bothered by them at all.

This feature will not show up on my second phone no matter what I do.  I have uninstalled the phone app updates from Settings and then re-installed them from the Play store.  I have also cleared the Phone app cache and storage.  Nothing fixed the issue.  I finally contacted Google support.  They said this feature has to be pushed out from the carrier before it will be available.  After I heard this, I ran a device config update and PRL update through settings and rebooted the phone.  The feature is still not available.

I know Sprint must support this feature since it was available on my first phone.  I'm wondering what must be wrong with my second phone that I can't seem to get it to work.  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Pixel 3 XL Auto Call Screening Feature not Working

Hey there! Please keep in mind that Call Screen doesn’t work with third-party call recording and screen recording apps. We recommend you turn off these apps before you use Call Screen. Also, I want to make sure that all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the phone app. If you see Update, tap it.
  2. Open the Phone app.
  3. Tap More More and then Settings and then Spam and Call Screen.
  4. Make sure See caller and spam ID is turned on.
  5. Tap Call Screen.
  6. Under “Unknown call settings,” tap the types of callers you’d like to screen.
  7. To screen automatically, choose Automatically screen. Decline robocalls. Otherwise, choose from:
    • Ring phone
    • Automatically screen. Decline robocalls.
    • Silently decline
  8. Optional: To save audio from screened calls, turn on Save Call Screen audio.
    • If you turn on "Save Call Screen audio," only what the caller says gets recorded. The audio your phone plays to the caller isn’t recorded. If you pick up, your call isn’t recorded.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your reply.  I do not have any call recording or screen recording apps installed.  My phone app is up to date.  When I open my phone settings, I do not have the "Spam and Call Screen" option.  My menu says "Caller ID & spam".  In that menu, I have "See caller and spam ID" turned on.  The other option is "Filter spam calls" which is currently turned off.  There is no "Call Screen" option.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

What about the Filter spam calls? Does that work as the Call Screening Feature? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

No.  It just auto blocks any call that is suspected of being spam.  It does not actually screen the call.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'm trying to get more info about your issue to see if there's anything else that can be done.

Have you tried turning Wi-Fi off and see how it goes? Also, let's try this as a work around: Go to Google Voice, clear the data and cache and set the app back up.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat