Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

@RedCruzr_Sprint thanks!

Journeyman

My O.G. Pixel XL did the same thing. Bought Sprint V30 hoping for better signal and to resolve this issue. However, this issue persists. Sometimes airplane mode doesn't fox and a full reboot had to be done to get LTE data back.

Community Manager

It's the SIM.  @riyatch just looked at the SIM on your device.  You have a CZ4114PTLWQ SIM on both Pixel 3XL.  Pixel 3 requires CZ4114TLWQ.  The SIM is required for LTE authentication and with the incorrect SIM, it fails LTE auth and you are stuck on LTE. So you would need to replace the SIM.  Visit a store and ask for a SIM with Part No. SIMOLW516TQ  or SIMGLW416TQ.  Once you get the SIM, call in or reach out to us here so we can activate the SIM on your account, then say hello to LTE.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am,
Please don't rest on your laurels and consider this case closed.

While the SIM may or may not be the issue for @riyatch, I can assure you this is NOT my problem. I have the most recent SIM for my device, that was sent to me directly from Sprint for the Pixel 3 (Sprint's policy on SIM cards, and the inability to transfer them from one device to another is another huge problem Sprint needs to address - every other carrier in the US does it well, including Verizon who is under the same CDMA legacy constraints that Sprint is).

I have the same issue as @riyatch, and seriously doubt your claim that the Sim card is the be all/end all answer. I know for a fact that it is not the answer for my phone.

Thank you for your continued efforts.
GrandMaster

did Will say this is EVERYONES issue in here or did he physically mention one specific person in here and tell them that is THEIR issue?

a lil knowledge for you to munch on...Will is ALSO running the Pixel 3

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

I am running simolw516tq on both devices.  I purchased the 4 in 1 sim kit from a Sprint store and am looking at the packaging right now.  I can verify that we put in the correct sim cards.  2 nights ago I tried SIMGLW416TQ but the rep I was chatting with could not get it to work.  I am unaware of the difference between CZ4114PTLWQ and CZ4114TLWQ.  I see no mention of that on the packaging or anywhere else .   Please advise.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am @RedCruzr_Sprint 

Here is a pic of the sim card packaging and  

Is there more than one version of the simolw516tq card?

Community Manager

Sorry guys for the late response, I am on vacation and periodically dropping in.

@PolarOx my last response was to not you, it was specifically addressed to @riyatch for I have his account information from previous interactions with our SmarTeam. I have not idea what if your SIM is correct or incorrect, I do not have your personal information and cannot comment one way or the other.  Feel free to PM me your MDN and PIN and I will check.

@riyatch I pulled your account up this morning and the SIM is incorrect on both lines.  Not only I compared it to our database, but I compared it to my personal phone and both say CZ4114TLWQ.  I go through this every year with the Pixel 1, 2, and 3.  Searching retail inventory for the correct SIM.  This year I got 2.  Just pulled the extra out my backpack and it's CZ4114TLWQ, with part no. SIMGLW416TQ.  You're welcome to it.  PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hello, thanks for searching this.  I have that sim card also and tried to swap out for that sim 2 nights ago on one of my pixels.  The rep that I was working with did the swap with me but I could not make phone calls.  He had me do all sorts of stuff but in the end he told me to switch back to the original sim  and factory reset my phone.  He could not get it working properly.  I am would like to try again if you feel this is the problem but I am not sure how to go about doing this without running into other problems.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

When you tried to change the SIM before, was that over the phone or in store? For a SIM swap, a one time passcode must be sent. Was that done last time?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint 

I did the sim swap over chat on the Sprint website.  Don't recall receiving a one time passcode.  Spent almost an hour trying to get it to work then the rep told me to just switch back to previous sim.  Very frustrating.  Would like to try again but don't know if I'll get lucky or not with a knowledgeable rep.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can activate a new sim on the Sprint website. Just sign in and go to the device details screen

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat