cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

I havea pixel 3 and wife has a iPhone xs.  Both have been hitting the 3g network on a regular basis the past week or two.  I even had trouble logging in to this website because my service is so crappy.  This issue is clearly not a phone issue as you can see an increase in reports from all phone types of 3g or worse service recently.  Please expand your search.  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi jbenz101. We might need to check on the area you're in and run through some troubleshooting with you. Drop us a PM and we can get some additional detail to check in on things for you. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Sent pm to old Greg.  I'm in the STL Missouri area.  I have done the various troubleshooting things suggested, but the fact of the matter is I am not hitting anything higher than 3g 3bars and my wife is getting the same problem through iPhone.  Just wanted to reiterate that.  The network was never fantastic but I wasn't stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Thank you. I also contacted Sprint support, and they worked on updating the Network settings on the phone. The Support team worked on the phone, early Sunday morning and now it is Tuesday and all is working properly. I also use WIFI calling and when I go outside my WIFI area, the phone properly reverts to LTE.

Journeyman

I am also experiencing drops to 3G and will stay there until toggling airplane mode.  Also, and the most irritating, is roaming and putting my phone several ours ahead... (incorrect system time).

Hopefully one day the network will be solid........ 

That' no good. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. Shoot me a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Well, my phone dropped to 3g again and is stuck.  You did something to my wife's phone a couple days ago because you saw some anomaly.  Wondering if you could do the same on mine.  Her phone has been ok but it normally takes a few days then we get stuck on 3g.  I will wait a couple more days for her phone.  Mine has dropped to 3g though and is now stuck again.  I am hoping this can be resolved because nothing makes sense.  I am using the sim card you told us to but it shows up wrong in your system.  Not sure what else I can do.  This needs to be fixed on Sprints side.

Journeyman

Yeah... I know it's not good....
When I click on your name to try to send PM, I get a page not found.....

I sent you a PM psp96. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

had to toggle airplane mode because while stuck on 3g i could not send text messages.  This situation seems to be getting worse.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

regular texts or mms/pic type texts?

calls incoming and outgoing are still working when this happens or no?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Regular texts..sms

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat