cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

GrandMaster

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

calls incoming/outgoing are working when this happens or no?

regular texts are sent using voice packets..so usually if you are having issues with calls texts are right behind it with issues..mms/pic mail or overly long texts that get converted into MMS are sent using data packets..so they use data to send/receive.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Today when my phone was stuck on 3g, I sent a sms and it would not go through so I tried to make a call and it rang but after about 5 rings I got a message that the call could not be made at this time.  So I toggled airplane mode and then everything worked ok.

I have been trouble shooting this problem for a while but still do not seem to have a fix.

Community Manager

@riyatch as you know I've been on vacation and I'm back.  How is your wife's phone?

@riyatch wrote:

Today when my phone was stuck on 3g, I sent a sms and it would not go through so I tried to make a call and it rang but after about 5 rings I got a message that the call could not be made at this time.  So I toggled airplane mode and then everything worked ok.

I have been trouble shooting this problem for a while but still do not seem to have a fix.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hope you had a nice time.  I sent you a couple PM's but I'm sure your inbox was slammed.

My wife's pixel 3xl is doing great, staying on lte since you rewrote something on her line.  I am hoping you can do the same for mine because mine has been dropping back to 3g still and getting stuck still.  Thanks!

Community Manager

Done!

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hope you had a nice time.  I sent you a couple PM's but I'm sure your inbox was slammed.

My wife's pixel 3xl is doing great, staying on lte since you rewrote something on her line.  I am hoping you can do the same for mine because mine has been dropping back to 3g still and getting stuck still.  Thanks!

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

I sent you a PM.  Both our pixel 3xl's are still not able to hold lte and are now back on 3g.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

At this point, since both phones have had the LTE rebuilt and it's still not working; we're going to ask that you reach out to Google. I truly think there is a defect with the phones. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint @Em_Will_I_Am 

I highly doubt both phones are defective.  Both phones can use LTE and work fine.  This is obviously a network issue.

Lets recap:

My wife and I both have Pixel 3xl phones purchased in Nov 2018

Both of our phones were working fine for the first 3 months and then we started having issues where our phones would drop to 3g and then never reconnect to LTE.

We were told that we have the wrong sim cards even though i was told we had the correct one initially Part No. SIMOLW516TQ .  When you guys look it up, our sim card is showing up differently than what it should, you guys were seeing CZ4114PTLWQ SIM on both Pixel 3XL's and you guys were saying it should be CZ4114TLWQ, no P.  We were using the correct part number so how can this be?

So, we switched sim cards to a different one that you guys recommended, SIMGLW416TQand it still is showing up as not the correct one on your side, CZ2114TLWQ, which we are being told is wrong and it should be CZ4114TLWQ.  We are using the correct part numbers for the sim cards but they are showing up wrong on your end.

At this point we have tried 2 different sim cards that Sprint told us to use but they are showing up wrong in your system.  This is a SPRINT problem.  I did contact Google and they agree that this is a network issue not a hardware issue.  Again, we are having this problem on 2 DIFFERENT Pixel 3xl's and I have seen other reports of this on reddit so it is not isolated.

At this point it seems like to only solution is to switch carriers?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This could very well be a pixel 3 XL issue. One way to monitor this is to have another phone, Sprint phone would be ideal and see if that phone also drops to 3G and or stays on 3G in similar areas.

If the Sprint phone has the same issue, then it's most likely on Sprints network side. If not, then it's more complicated as it could be hard to pinpoint if the issue is with the Pixel itself or Sprint's network not playing nice with it.
Either way, submit feedback on you phone (under settings, tips and support, feedback.
Journeyman

I feel like Sprint in not playing nice with the Pixel just recently, was fine for the first few months we had the Pixel 3xl's.  For some reason both our phones are showing the wrong sim even though we are using the correct part number.  One of the mods on this forum, @Em_Will_I_Am , has a Pixel and is using the same sim part number as ours but his shows the correct sim in Sprints system.

We have 3 other phone lines with sprint in the same household on different types of phones and none of them experience the same issue.  Also, been with Sprint for well over 15 yrs and have not had issues like this previously.

Journeyman

I had a similar case with an old HTC phone. It turned out that that particular phone was not as good for RF, meaning the signal strength was not as good to others compared.

If you have other phones and they have no issue, then it kind of points to the Pixel and or Pixel on the Sprint network. 

As for the sim, Sprint now supports eSIM, so you may be able to activate them with eSIM and get rid of the phisical SIM card. It's worth a shot to see if that improves. If it does, let me know as i might do the same. Or I'll let you know if I do it and see improvement. I'm also having the occasional drop to 3G, and at times, it will just stay parked there and not go to LTE .Even LTE roaming is an usual occurrence with my Pixel 3XL. I had the original Pixel and worked excellent....

GrandMaster

Will also has a Pixel 3. so if there was any weird oddities happening with them he would be seeing it as well.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat