cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Since my response earlier on this thread my service on the pixel 3 has been showing LTE as well as my wife who is on an iPhone.  However it FEELS like I'm still on 3g.  Apps and web pages load slower than dial up internet.  

Journeyman

Does Will have Pixel 3 or 3xl? It could be isolated to 3xl?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will did something to my wifes pixel 3xl phone line last week and it held LTE and worked great for about a week.  Sometimes mine will work great for a few days then all the sudden get stuck on 3g.  When on LTE it is great.  In fact, our Pixel 3 xls will hold LTE better than my daughters iphone or my sons essential phone, both which will sometimes be on 3g while our Pixels show LTE.  But once our Pixels drop down the 3g they get stuck and dont move back to LTE.  That is the problem.  I am hoping @Em_Will_I_Am can chime in on this because he seems to have the most insight and knowledge regarding this issue.

Journeyman

If one of the reps on this forum and provide detailed instructions on how to get the esim working then I would be happy to try that.

Community Manager

Yeah, I have a Pixel 3XL and never have problems with LTE, even on the Android Q beta.  Which is surprising because I travel a lot (Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Nevada, Louisiana).  My Pixel has worked even in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on a cruise ship and in Mexico, Honduras and Belize with the roaming agreement.  There were some issues in Belize, but I did not trip because I was in Belize in the middle of a rain forest.

You can use the ESIM, but you first have to deactivate the Pixel.  I believe we already discussed this @riyatch in PM.  If the device is active with a SIM, it's not going to work. You will get an error like, "Setup not complete".

You can activate an old device and then on the Pixel got to settings and search for "ESIM", select add carrier, choose Sprint.  With that said, I would consider getting the devices checked.  I just checked all Pixel 3 calls for the past 60 days and data issues were rarely mentioned.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hi Will, I am trying to switch to the esim but it keeps saying that it is unable to switch.  I Switched my line back to my previous device and now im trying to switch back using the esim option.  Not working.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hi, can you do me a favor and look at both my line and my wifes line and see if something is set up differently on the 2 lines.  My wifes pixel 3xl was stuck on 3g for a couple days then ended up reconnecting to lte on its own and it seems to have been fine since.  I tried to leave mine on 3g for 4 days but it never reconncected to lte.  Just wondering if you see anything that might be different between our 2 lines.

I did try the esim route, switching line to old phone then switching back but it didnt work.  couldnt get the esim functional and tried to chat with customer service and they had no idea what an esim was.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

@riyatch, He won't be back until Monday. I'll leave this for him.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint  

Thanks!!!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You're very welcome. Super stoked that @RedCruzr_Sprint  was able to assist. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community Manager

They are the same.  I rebuilt them to be the same.

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Hi, can you do me a favor and look at both my line and my wifes line and see if something is set up differently on the 2 lines.  My wifes pixel 3xl was stuck on 3g for a couple days then ended up reconnecting to lte on its own and it seems to have been fine since.  I tried to leave mine on 3g for 4 days but it never reconncected to lte.  Just wondering if you see anything that might be different between our 2 lines.

I did try the esim route, switching line to old phone then switching back but it didnt work.  couldnt get the esim functional and tried to chat with customer service and they had no idea what an esim was.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for checking.  Well, my wifes phone got stuck on 3g again as well as mine.  Hers was holding for a while the got stuck Roaming on LTE then after a day it dropped to 3g and got stuck.  Mine will just drop to 3g every couple days still and get stuck.

I guess i should not be surprised consider all the issues people are having with 
Sprint and the s10's.  I think this the final thing that will make me leave after being with sprint for almost 2 decades.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat