cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Community Manager

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

To compare your individual issue to the S10 is not a fair comparison.  This seems to be isolated to you and your wife whereas the S10 issue is an epidemic among those users.  I have a Pixel 3 XL, no problems.  I personally know at least 10 folks who have the Pixel 3 XL, no problems.  I've pulled data regarding calls to care on the Pixel 3 XL and when compared to calls per 1000 units against the S10, it's a drop in a bucket.  As I stated before, I still do believe you need to have the devices checked.

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for checking.  Well, my wifes phone got stuck on 3g again as well as mine.  Hers was holding for a while the got stuck Roaming on LTE then after a day it dropped to 3g and got stuck.  Mine will just drop to 3g every couple days still and get stuck.

I guess i should not be surprised consider all the issues people are having with 
Sprint and the s10's.  I think this the final thing that will make me leave after being with sprint for almost 2 decades.

Journeyman

Adding my 2 cents here:

I have a Pixel 3 (Not an XL), and am having the exact same issues described in this thread. I have the SIMOLW516TQ SIM card (which apparently isn't the right SIM?), which I got directly at a Sprint Tech store. I had no issues for the first 3-4 months of using this phone, but started having this issue a month ago or so. I will drop to 3G and can't get back to LTE without doing a device config reset. I haven't tried doing the dial pad reset but will try that the next time I have an issue. Also haven't tried the airplane on and off but will see if that's the same as well.

I may try to activate the eSIM if sprint supports that now, but probably won't try that quite yet. Curious if anyone has had success switching back to an old phone to then activate the eSIM.

So it's not just an issue with the 3 XL. Don't see how this wouldn't be an issue on Sprint's network. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Let us know if any of the aforementioned troubleshooting works. If not we'll do some more digging for you.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Kimahriman @Em_Will_I_Am 

I too have had issues with the Sprint Network as of the middle of March. On a Pixel 3 XL. Took a trip to NYC from FL, came back and cellular data connection was all messed up, dropping to 3g often, showing X for LTE often (actually started happening last day in NYC). Can't tell you how many techs I've talked to. I've done the dial code to reset the SprintDM, updated Device Config and PRL, and reset network connections. Had a tech deactivate my SIM while talking to him on wife's iPhone (which also had trouble in NYC), and then re-activate the Pixel 3 sim, etc. to simulate setting it up the first time activation on the network.

Just last night phone service kept reverting to 3g and show X for LTE. This was while I was at home, dealing with Spectrum internet/cable issues (when it rains it pours)..

In addition to the cellular connection seeming weak after coming back from NYC, when Verizon callers call me now, they don't hear the artificial ringback tone on their end letting them know that the line is connecting. It rings once and then static and nothing until I pick up or voicemail does.. Rings fine on my end. Have tried updating Google Carrier Services app as well, don't know how much that affects any of this stuff..

Phone service and everything was working great up until middle of March, not sure what happened, but I'm starting to miss Verizon... Wonder if the T-mobile merger will strengthen the network, but not going to hold my breath..

Highlighted
GrandMaster

is your wifes phone still running into issues now that you guys are home? or is hers working fine and yours isnt?

and are there any other Sprint phones around you that are not on your account?

@woodrow wrote:

@Kimahriman @Em_Will_I_Am 

I too have had issues with the Sprint Network as of the middle of March. On a Pixel 3 XL. Took a trip to NYC from FL, came back and cellular data connection was all messed up, dropping to 3g often, showing X for LTE often (actually started happening last day in NYC). Can't tell you how many techs I've talked to. I've done the dial code to reset the SprintDM, updated Device Config and PRL, and reset network connections. Had a tech deactivate my SIM while talking to him on wife's iPhone (which also had trouble in NYC), and then re-activate the Pixel 3 sim, etc. to simulate setting it up the first time activation on the network.

Just last night phone service kept reverting to 3g and show X for LTE. This was while I was at home, dealing with Spectrum internet/cable issues (when it rains it pours)..

In addition to the cellular connection seeming weak after coming back from NYC, when Verizon callers call me now, they don't hear the artificial ringback tone on their end letting them know that the line is connecting. It rings once and then static and nothing until I pick up or voicemail does.. Rings fine on my end. Have tried updating Google Carrier Services app as well, don't know how much that affects any of this stuff..

Phone service and everything was working great up until middle of March, not sure what happened, but I'm starting to miss Verizon... Wonder if the T-mobile merger will strengthen the network, but not going to hold my breath..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint

I am still having issues. I have done the device config reset, the dial pad reset, the airplane mode toggle, and all fix the issue for a day or so and then it comes back. I don't think there were any other potential fixes I can try other than trying to activate the eSIM, but it sounds like others haven't had success getting the eSIM working.

Journeyman

On a side note, my issue is still ongoing.  I believe I was the 2nd poster in this thread and not one person from Sprint has attempted to help me, other than the basic troubleshooting steps you are telling everyone in this thread to do. 

It is NOT the Pixel 3 that is the problem, as many other posters in this thread have attempted to point out.

This is a service problem from Sprint that needs to be fixed.

The unfortunate part for me, is that I am stuck with Sprint.  My phone service is supplied by my company and I cannot change it.  If it were mine, I would have switched providers a LONG time ago.

I for one am CHEERING for the T-MOBILE / SPRINT merger to get approval from the FTC.  I would be thrilled to have T-Mobile service here rather than Sprint.

GrandMaster

are there other non Pixel Sprint phones around all of you? and are they seeing the same thing you guys are?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have been having this problem since I got my pixel 3 xl, I thought nothing of it at first. Though I feel it's gotten worse over time. I'm at the point where I'm about to change service to another provider. Is there a real fix for this as of yet. My phone is essentially unusable.
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 

I have some relatives with iPhones on Sprint nearby that I don't believe are having any issues. But they got them from Sprint and wasn't a BYOD situation.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

To compare your individual issue to the S10 is not a fair comparison.  This seems to be isolated to you and your wife whereas the S10 issue is an epidemic among those users.  I have a Pixel 3 XL, no problems.  I personally know at least 10 folks who have the Pixel 3 XL, no problems.  I've pulled data regarding calls to care on the Pixel 3 XL and when compared to calls per 1000 units against the S10, it's a drop in a bucket.  As I stated before, I still do believe you need to have the devices checked.

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for checking.  Well, my wifes phone got stuck on 3g again as well as mine.  Hers was holding for a while the got stuck Roaming on LTE then after a day it dropped to 3g and got stuck.  Mine will just drop to 3g every couple days still and get stuck.

I guess i should not be surprised consider all the issues people are having with 
Sprint and the s10's.  I think this the final thing that will make me leave after being with sprint for almost 2 decades.

The issue is a lot more wide spread than you think, I have been having this issue and am finally posting about it. I fairly close to switching to google fi or another service provider.

Community Manager

Well let's see how widespread.  Everyone who is having the problem, PM me your phone number, city and state.

@WKFAL1 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

The issue is a lot more wide spread than you think, I have been having this issue and am finally posting about it. I fairly close to switching to google fi or another service provider.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat