Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Not a win
Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint 

This is not a win.  If he/she had to toggle airplane mode to get back LTE from 3g then this problem still exists for this customer.  That means it is not working as it should.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for the update.  Any possible solutions in sight?

Journeyman

Varying OEM LTE equipment seems like a plausible answer, and would explain why the wife's phone worked through a big chunk of the Midwest, but not in Pittsburgh
Community Manager

Perhaps, just got to isolate where the break is.  You and others have said they have traveled out their home market and the problem goes away.

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for the update.  Any possible solutions in sight?

Journeyman

I just read this, and noticed that I've been on vacation with zero issues today.
Journeyman

For me, I've never left my home area. However, at some sites it never falls back to LTE. On other sites it does. Another interesting fact is that on other sites, it will fall back to LTE roaming on TMobile band 4.
Journeyman

Interesting, I traveled outside of my home market this last week to Las Vegas and my phone was able to switch between LTE and 3G without any issues.

I've I got back to my home market im stuck at 3g again.  (We have another phone in the house that is doing fine on LTE)

@Em_Will_I_Am  I haven't reset yet.  Are there any logs or anything I can pull to help figure out what is going on?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I would try the steps Em_Will_I_Am has given. They seem to have more success with it than anything else. 

Journeyman

@glenngg @Em_Will_I_Am 

This is weird. I live in Vegas and have this problem but when I was in Hawaii my phone was fine.

Highlighted
Community Manager

LOL!  I was just about to mention that @riyatch and wife live in Vegas and has the problem.  As far as logs, no one has asked for any at this point.

@riyatch wrote:

@glenngg @Em_Will_I_Am 

This is weird. I live in Vegas and have this problem but when I was in Hawaii my phone was fine.

Journeyman

Any updates?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat