Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

We are still working to resolve this. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Just adding some more data to the mix. I was driving down the highway and noticed this bug had happened. I was stuck in 3G but my phone would switch back and forth to roaming LTE. But as soon as I toggled airplane mode it connected back to Sprint LTE

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thank you so much Kimahriman for sharing that!

Journeyman

Pixel 3a with same issue. I go into the subway w lte, I come out and stuck on 3g until I toggle airplane mode. I cannot find my apn settings though. 

Community Manager

Don't worry about the APN setting, there are 2 and we are seeing the issue on both.  PM me your phone number and city/state.

@jnyc wrote:

Pixel 3a with same issue. I go into the subway w lte, I come out and stuck on 3g until I toggle airplane mode. I cannot find my apn settings though. 

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

I haven't posted this yet because I feel like I might jinx it, but since updating my pixel this months latest security update, my pixel 3xl has been working fine, switching between 3g and lte and not getting stuck.  Do you know if any changes were made in the July update?  It's been a little over a week now since updating.

Highlighted
Community Manager

You are not the first person to say that, I've had several PMs stating the same thing.  When I mentioned it to the Big G, they asked if I knew of anyone in Mountain View, CA that is currently having the issue.  At the time, I said no and BOOM got a PM from someone from Mountain View with the issue!  Where we stand now, Google is going to the area where the customer said he had the issue and attempt to duplicate it.

@riyatch wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

I haven't posted this yet because I feel like I might jinx it, but since updating my pixel this months latest security update, my pixel 3xl has been working fine, switching between 3g and lte and not getting stuck.  Do you know if any changes were made in the July update?  It's been a little over a week now since updating.

Journeyman

Sent. Thanks
Community Manager

Got it!

@jnyc wrote:
Sent. Thanks

Journeyman

Don't know if this helps, but I find that when I'm at location where tower @ 3602 Bemis Rd, Ypsilanti MI, my phone switches between 3G and LTE.

But when I'm at tower on 8365 Whittaker Rd, Ypsilanti MI, my phone won't switch back to LTE if it has dropped to 3G.

I also experience higher than usual LTE roaming typically on T-Mobile band 4.

That's strange for sure.  You're using the same physical SIM as in your previous Pixel, correct?

From all the reading I've done, it seems that the issue may be with the Pixel 3 / 3XL phones.

Multiple complaints from multiple carriers are experiencing connectivity issues, some very similar to the ones described here (phone getting stuck on 3G), and also sometimes triggered by when the phone drops from Wifi to Cellular, it will not connect to LTE.

My guess is that the folks at Google will have to investigate what is going on....

Sad...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat