cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

This seems to have fixed my problem. Thank you.

Journeyman

What fixed your problem? Just today I was driving along down the freeaay. Pandora goes into Offline mode, no service icon, which quickly changed to 3G. It stayed on 3G for the next 2 hours, I was going to give it a chance. I was driving around the greater Seattle area so not out in BFE. After a while I reset the phone and whadda ya know, full LTE signal.
Journeyman

Screenshot_20190809-170318.png

Screenshot_20190809-170309.png

Journeyman

I am also having this issue also will have extended periods of no data connection after  call is disconnected sometimes. So add me to the list. 

Community Manager

PM me your number and city/state.

@Mech8 wrote:

I am also having this issue also will have extended periods of no data connection after  call is disconnected sometimes. So add me to the list. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Already did kind sir

Journeyman

My pixel 3 wouldn't charge, and was replaced. The data has gone from terrible to bad. Which while it's an improvement, it isn't much of one. And now my HTC is doing similar things in regards to dropping all data and getting stuck on 3g. If this isn't a network issue, I don't know what is

Hey Jozak! What's your approximate location? If it's happening to multiple devices it's possibly a network issue.  I can check the status in your area with your ZIP and cross streets. 

This was a temporary fix at best. I'm still having issues. My phone was purchased through Sprint. I do not however believe this is a Sprint problem. Others on Verizon and AT&T experiencing same issue. If I restart the phone it fixes the issue, for a time. Seems to happen most often when switching from WiFi to mobile. Like leaving home or office. I'm in Springfield, MO so complete LTE coverage. At this point I'm seriously considering adding a line to my plan so I can get a new phone. I purchased the Google Pixel 3xl because of simplicity factor. Almost everything I do or work on is Google related but I have to tell you I HATE this phone. I've owned HTC, Samsung, iPhone, Nokia and Blackberry. None with the problems I've experienced with this phone in the month I've had it. There are times I want to throw it against a wall. That's pretty BAD.

Journeyman

Yup.  I recently travelled from Seattle to Hawaii and it's way worse.  Having to reset every 20 min to get LTE.  Pretty sure I'm going to buy out my contract and drop kick this phone into the ocean.  Who wants my business?  

Journeyman

Add me as well. I've been having this issue since I got the phone in November. It's incredibly frustrating. It seems to settle in mostly to the home network after awhile but almost always causes issues when traveling. I recently moved from Monroe, LA to Seattle, WA and in the week since, it's been almost constant 3G. I never had this issue with my S7 Edge that I got through Sprint, and my old coworker with Sprint never had signal issues when I did, and we compared regularly. I even tried getting a new SIM card and having it installed in-store. No dice. These network updates work temporarily, then it's right back to getting stuck in 3G and/or roaming. I have the Pixel 3, btw, smaller size.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Shadykit. I see that @Em_Will_I_Am is tackling this issue. Just a quick question: Have you PM him with the screen shots, the phone number, city and state? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat