cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Thanks, went ahead and disabled, even though it says recommended to leave enabled? So will call quality actually be better even in a weak LTE spot? Not really sure I understand all that. Thanks.

Journeyman

This feature uses your LTE connection for calls. In theory, this gives you better call clarity, but at the expense of possible dropping calls faster if you are in a fringe area. The other thing this is useful is if you are on a call using VoLTE, you can talk and search web, use data, etc at the same time. To me, having a more solid and reliable call connection is more important than the added benefit of VoLTE
Journeyman

Cool, thanks for the explanation! Will give it a try for a while. Appreciate the assist!

Journeyman

Same issue here on S9

Aaron- how long have you been having issues with your S9? Is this happening in one location or across multiple? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I have an LGV40 with this exact same issue. I researched it a little while ago, but let the issue slide when I thought I'd be upgrading sooner. Unfortunately I had to push back my upgrade a little while longer, and now this 3g issue is driving me nuts. I thought I remember reading it was an issue with android OS, but I cannot confirm as I cannot find the source material.

Journeyman

happening on pixel 4 xl also

Sprint Social Care

Hey Ian6930087

Would like to start by taking a look at the area. Provide us the nearest cross streets and ZIP code. Are you having this issue in one or multiple locations? Do you know if there's any other Sprint customers in this area with the same issue? Have you always had this issue with the phone? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My girlfriend had this issue before upgrading to the latest android on her note 9. I travel often for work, and have this problem everywhere I go. If I connect to a wifi network for long enough, when disconnecting the phone will default to 3g. It takes me enabling and disabling airplane mode to temporarily correct this. There are other times I will happen to find my phone in 3g in areas I know do not have poor service.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Ian6930087

What troubleshooting steps have you performed? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Not to be rude, but you do understand that these questions are what infuriates your paying, knowledgeable customer base? Creating an account just to comment and stay up to date on this topic is my last resort. I refuse to hand in my phone for a replacement because I know for certain this is not hardware related. I have done everything under the sun to troubleshoot this, not including a factory reset, as that is also not an option. If my girlfriends phone was corrected with a software update, what is the issue here?
Sprint Social Care

Ian6930087

I get what you're saying, you may think that the issue with your device may be resolved with a software update, but keep in mind that your girlfriend's phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and yours is a LG V40 and there's also other factors that can affect your device connectivity to 4G. I don't know what troubleshooting steps you have performed to the device and this is the reason why I need to start from the beginning. I have all the disposition to assist you, however for this, will also need your help and cooperation. If you change your mind, and would like to continue to be assisted, let me know.  

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat