cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

The problem here is, I have done everything under the sun to trouble shoot this. A software update is not an option as there is not one available for my phone currently. I would like to resolve this, however the "did you turn it off and back on" run-around is highly unnecessary and unappreciated.
GrandMaster

seeing as how you are not standing directly in front of the agent...what they are asking you would be what ANY tech would be asking you...troubleshooting steps..

Sprint has yet to hire any psychics so they must unfortunately ask you what has been done or not done so far so they can move onto the next steps that might help...or skip over certain steps because they have ALREADY been done and did not work.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I recently purchased a new Pixel 4 XL (unlocked, from Amazon), and I'm starting to notice the same problem reported in this thread. Toggling Airplane mode on and off seems to get me back out of 3G, as many others report. I'm using the eSIM on the phone, no physical SIM card.

I DM'ed @Em_Will_I_Am with my info

Sprint Social Care

brc64  - I found a few steps to try and get this issue resolved. 

Let's update the data profile.  

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

Note: The device must be in a Sprint coverage area to update the Data Profile. To verify Sprint Coverage, visit the Sprint website at coverage.sprint.com.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Tap More.

4. Tap Cellular networks.

5. Tap Carrier settings.

6. Tap Update device config.

7. Once the update is complete, tap OK.

8. The data profile is now up to date.

Then I would like you to reset the network settings. The steps are: 

1. These steps will reset the current mobile network programming. After the reset, the device will require Sprint network coverage to activate. Verify your coverage at coverage.sprint.com.

From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.

2. Tap the Dialpad icon.

3. Dial *#*#72786#*#*, then tap the Call icon.

Note: The last * will not display.

4. Tap OK.

The device will power off and restart.

5. The network settings are now reset.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Juan,

As stated earlier in the thread, this is only a temporary fix, ultimately no better than toggling airplane mode on and off.

GrandMaster

until a fix is fired out...what Juan gave is what yall get until then... a short term work around ish.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So I'm not expecting anything new from Sprint and I'm actually within my 30 Days and going to have to go trade these great phones in for a bloated Samsung.  Purchased Pixel 4 XL from sprint and set up in store with ESIM.  Like everyone else it drops into 3G and will not go back to LTE on it's own.  Tried all the same redundant requests by Sprint to update the phone type the code ect. ect. Neither Tec not the store manager could tell me what SIM is compatible yet since their systems says none of them are.  Oh and I've wasted 5 hours just in their store dealing with this stupid issue that is obviously a Sprint issue with Google.  Hello anyone Bueller... Bueller... Pixel 2... Pixel 3.... Pixel 4.... Bueller...  Maybe I should just cancel sprint and go with Fi since that's what Google told me should do.

Dumb Founded

Sprint Social Care

Dozer2012 

We're not ready to see you leave. I want to help you. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you can. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

After updating to Android 10, both my Pixel 3xl's were working great and we're actively switching between lte and 3g, holding a good lte signal and not getting stuck on 3g.  For the past couple months it has been great. Well, we just updated our phones to the December security update and now the problem is back.  Can you please look into this problem because it is fixable since things have been good for the past couple months, then all of the sudden, after performing this last update it's broken again.

Journeyman

@Dozer2012 Yep, and people wonder why I get upset when I get asked "if I turned it off and on again" ect., especially on a topic like this where it is obvious how many people are having these issues. God forbid someone capable actually looks into this and decides to do something about it. It's like they don't use their own product.

Journeyman

Actually we just got back from the holiday weekend and we road tripped half way across the country having to reset the phone.   So once we got to Colorado, I went to a store to trade them in.   The guy was like oh you just need a sim card.  I told him the ABC and D story that they don't show as compatible and he was like I've way more options and flipped one in and it's worked ever since.  Took him 5 minutes to do what my store couldn't do in literally 5 hours..... Or a 45 min call to tech support.  It'

157555593969271165510234205250.jpg

s the same number as the other older ones.  Ends in 416TQ.  So who knows why my store doesn't have these or if Sprint discontinued them and that store just happened to keep them and have their act together.  If your in Colorado, it's on Colfax and Wads.  

Journeyman

Hello, I had posted months ago about this problem. Just want to give an update which I hope gives some new context to the issue. I ended up moving 1.5 hours north of Seattle, and I now have zero problems. When I've gone back to visit Seattle, the 3g/connectivity problems resurface. Hope it helps.

Miles

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat