Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

@glenngg 

Did after dec update and you are correct.  Not a hardware issue because we had this problem before Android 10 and Android 10 fixed it.  Now it's back.

Journeyman

Strange thing I noticed after Android 10 update, I'm not having the stuck on 3G issue anymore, but I'm noticing that my phone will connect to Band 2 or 4 more often (TMobile bands) which I find them to have slower data speeds vs the Sprint bands 25 or 41. Toggling airplane mode off and on will latch back on Sprint bands 25 or 41.  

Journeyman

@psp96 @Em_Will_I_Am 

I noticed this also, it's different then before.  I will still get stuck on 3g sometimes but I will also get stuck roaming on lte.  I am assuming I am getting stuck on T-Mobile bands as well and speeds are significantly slower.  Have to toggle airplane mode to stop roaming and get on Sprint network.

Journeyman

@riyatch. I was showing roaming, but after Android 10 update, it shows as connected to Sprint network.
Community Manager

I wish it were as simple as resetting the radios or replacing the device, but on the surface, it does not appear to be hardware related.  It worked prior and now there are reports on the Pixel 4 for the same issue post-December update.  Currently, we are sending a data log collecting device to Florida to gather logs.  

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Thanks for the update.

Journeyman

Good to hear somebody's looking at it.

Pixel 3a. Same problem. 

3g. Sometimes roaming. Sometimes losing connection completely.

December update did something. Hopefully it can be fixed soon. 

Journeyman

I'm also having this issue in Chicago with an unlocked Pixel 3A on Sprint. All troubleshooting/reset steps with both Sprint and Google have not worked (resetting WIFI/Bluetooth/Data connections worked for about 8 hours, then the problem reappeared). Very frustrating to have literally no data access for two weeks at this point. 

Journeyman

Roaming again over lunch today after losing data.

I guess it's technically "extended" not real roaming, but I'm sure it's still costing Sprint something. 

Maybe Google will fix by January update. Still, you'd think they would see this and issue a fix more rapidly. Especially if it's costing the carrier extra. 

Journeyman

I  having the same problem I'm Central Virginia with my pixel 3 I purchased from Sprint.  Very aggregating.  We have three other line with iPhones and they do not do this.

Journeyman

Didn't proof read the message, sorry for the spelling errors.

Sprint Social Care

Hi Seethrough ! I'd like to know, while the device is on 3G, does the Internet work correctly? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Are the locations that you're visiting LTE capable? Have you ever been able to connect to the 4G?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat