Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

If I'm being honest, the common denominator for all the problems I've had over the last 3 or so phones is Sprint. This is my first Pixel (Pixel 4), but I've had plenty of oddball problems with my previous Note8 and Note5 devices.

I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, but I think it may be time to look at other options. I fully expect things to get better when/if the T-Mobile acquisition happens, but I also think that's going to take a good couple of years to fully integrate the networks and I don't know that I want to keep waiting to have reliable service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not discounting your comments regarding Sprint as the common denominator however I had no such issues on Sprint with my most recent phone (S7 Edge) nor with my last 3 phones (Galaxy Note 3, S5, S3) over 10 plus years on Sprint (NY and Atlanta)... issue may be with Sprint and Pixel combination??? although i think there are similar Pixel issues on other carriers per my (limited) research.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@jdnetweb It's a great phone and the issues will be fixed (who knows when) and normally I would suggest to stick with it. (awesome camera, fast, great value)

However, we also have a note 9 in the house and have not experienced any issues.  So, if you don't want to wait, you may have better luck with the note 9.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know we heard Q1, but did the January security update fix anyone's issues? 

Journeyman

No problem not fixed yet with Jan update.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Confirming that the January update did not fix this issue. Now I guess we wait until the February update and hope there is a fix included (at which time we will have dealt with this problem for over 2 months).

Highlighted
GrandMaster

do you know by chance if she is running a physical sim card or the esim?

@Janjr58 wrote:

Daughter in law has this phone. No issues.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I know you were talking to someone else but I just figured I would put my two cents in and maybe it would help I have had a pixel 3 XL with a physical SIM card and a pixel 4 XL with a Esim both have the same issue

Highlighted
Community Manager

I am in the same boat as @Janjr58's daughter in law.  I've had the Pixel 3 with physical SIM and the now the Pixel 4 with eSIM...never had the issue.  With that said, the SIM is not the issue.

@Mech8 wrote:

I know you were talking to someone else but I just figured I would put my two cents in and maybe it would help I have had a pixel 3 XL with a physical SIM card and a pixel 4 XL with a Esim both have the same issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

It only seems to affect me when moving between towers. Or, from a low signal area such as inside a building that forces 3G for a while.

More commonly, this issue surfaces when connecting between different towers. If you are connected to a single tower, it doesn't seem to happen at all.

Other times, it depends on activity. If you're not doing much, it may not happen, or you may not notice it, as it can sometimes connect to the next tower normally.

Pixel 3a with eSIM. January update. Still happening. Hoping the next round includes a fix.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am  I wasn't saying the Sim was the issue I was simply answering his question and giving him info that may be pertinent to his issue. While others may not have the issue in any case I (and many others) have the issue on physical and esims.  Just tryna get info out there...

Highlighted
Community Manager

I guess I read it wrong, but the SIM is not the issue physical or otherwise.  I kinda hinted at that on page 25 of this thread.

@Mech8 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am  I wasn't saying the Sim was the issue I was simply answering his question and giving him info that may be pertinent to his issue. While others may not have the issue in any case I (and many others) have the issue on physical and esims.  Just tryna get info out there...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat