cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

@glenngg and @riyatch@Megntron_Sprint  and @Em_Will_I_Am are out of office at this time. I know they're working together to determine the next steps. They'll be in touch when they have further updates for you. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community Manager

Sorry folks, I've been on vacation and still catching up, but in the meantime, let's have a round of rapid fire:

@psp96 Regarding the Bemis address, there is a tower north of you that has LTE service out.  Officially: 4G LTE - Slow data speeds, or inability to access data may occur due to 4G Services not functioning at this time. Technicians are working to resolve the issue.  

Regarding the Whittaker address, it depends on how long your phone has been looking for LTE.  It would search for LTE in intervals and each time those intervals will increase in time to when eventually it will stop and do it once every 12 hours I believe.  The T-Mo Band 4 is interesting.  Are you able to surf while roaming on T-Mo.

@jnyc  No update, been on vacation.  Still catching up.

@riyatch I think the security update is/was a coincidence. 

Journeyman

Yes. I can access data when roaming. I just note it very interesting since I'm roaming quite often with the Pixel 3XL. Never roamed with my original Pixel....

Community Manager

Hmmm... just asking because some folks have told me when they are roaming on T-Mo, they could not surf.f

@psp96 wrote:

Yes. I can access data when roaming. I just note it very interesting since I'm roaming quite often with the Pixel 3XL. Never roamed with my original Pixel....

Journeyman

Fwiw, the service seems to be working normally for me now. Been in and out of subway a few times and saw it drop, go-to 3G, then go-to LTE. I don't know what changed. I did do a system reset recently when I got off of Q Beta.

Journeyman

Mine seems worse than ever.  I get stuck on 3G multiple times a day.  Only a hard reset will find LTE, bouncing into airplane mode won't do it.  I also drop signal in the car way more often than my old iPhone did.  I'm not sure if the issue is Google or Sprint but this makes me want to ditch both.  

Journeyman

Mine is all but fixed. Damned if I know how. Please don't break it again.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Beaum. I see that @Em_Will_I_Am is tackling this issue. Just a quick question: Have you PM him with the screen shots, the phone number, city and state? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Was a solution ever figured out for this issue or is it on going cause im having the same issue on my V40. I travel a lot for work and anytime I leave the city and it goes to 3g or roaming, it stays on 3g until I change my network mode or do a Profile/PRL update, sometimes that doesn't work. I never had this issue on my V20, i have since gone back to it until I can get this sorted out cause I have to have a reliable phone when I travel. Sometimes I have issues where the signal isn't accurately reporting on the phone, had several instances where I would try to make a phone call with it showing 3 to 4 bars service, upon attempting to dial, the signal would drop to 1 bar or no service and then return after dialing attempt ended. I have been with sprint for a long time, over 10yrs, never had issues like this, considering changing service because of it though. 

Journeyman

This problem is on going. For some reason, the past 3-4 weeks has been better for me but it's starting the get worse again. Over the past 5 days I have been getting stuck on 3g at least once a day. I have not travelled anywhere different or used the phone differently. It just all of the sudden reverted back to getting stuck again after working normal for several weeks. Sprint has no clue and the only reason I will stay with Sprint, after all my commitments are fulfilled, is if the merger with T-Mobile goes through. Otherwise, im leaving after 20 yrs as a customer.
Journeyman

Yeah, I feel your frustrations, I'm in the same boat. Long time customer who's being frustrated with a phone upgrade that should be as good of better than older phones in terms of service quality. I've been looking at Verizon and Google Fi as an option but I don't want to switch. I like Sprint, I like their prices but I gotta have that reliable service. I drive all over my state everyday for work and never had issues with my older V20 but this new one just sucks everywhere I go. I feel like I spend more time trying to manage the service, getting it to work than I do using it for what I need it for.

Journeyman

I too switched from a phone that worked perfectly fine which is frustrating. Whats weird is that I got the Pixel 3xl in Nov and it worked fine until sometime in Jan/Feb, then it just started getting worse and worse. Sprint tried to blame my device. Obviously, its not my device that's the problem, its the network.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat