Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

I have 2 pixel 3 xl phones and both of them will often get stuck on 3g and not switch back to lte until I toggle airplane mode, then they will switch back to lte and stay for a while then at some point if they fall back to 3g they will get stuck on 3g even though I am in an area with strong lte coverage.  Please help.

448 REPLIES 448
Highlighted

Actually, that's when my Pixel 3XL changes from LTE to 3G, every time I leave a WiFi connection. Doesn't happen with any of the other phones on our plan, just my Pixel. I've been complaining about this problem since September/October. One update fixed the issue and then WHAM! Another update and right back to the problem.

Highlighted

there should be a way to check through the device itself...but i have always used the SignalCheck app to tell me what im connected to at that moment..havent used it in a while though so no idea if there have been any changes to the app good or bad.

@demonkey36 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how do I see what bands and such I'm hitting? I just like to know this kinda stuff 😄

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

So..... March update is out. Is everything resolved? I haven't tested since I've been on wifi all day. 

Highlighted

One spot that consistently messed up didn't today. Will try more tomorrow. So far it's promising!
Highlighted

Mine still has the problem after the update. Ugh!
Highlighted

Hey there! Hope you're doing fine. Sorry to know that your device is still having these issues. Have you recently tried any troubleshooting steps on your device? If not, let's try something.

1. These steps will reset the current mobile network programming. After the reset, the device will require Sprint network coverage to activate. 
  2. Tap the Dialpad icon.
  3. Dial *#*#72786#*#*, then tap the Call icon. Note: The last * will not display.
  4. Tap OK. 
  5. The network settings are now reset.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

was it an actual update or just another security patch? might still be waiting on the fix update unless maybe they combined it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I received a "Carrier Hub" update about 30 mins ago from Sprint for various bugs. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. The update came across via Playstore

Highlighted

negative. the fix would be coming across as a device update. unless the carrier hub needed to adjust to the fix update..that i could possibly see happening.

Highlighted

mainly a FYI but i also received the Carrier Hub update...on my LG G8..so just coincidental that you also received that as an update via the play store.

Highlighted

Anyone else seeing any improvement?

So far zero drops for me. Still need to test a little more in a couple areas that caused problems but so far it's much better

Highlighted

Moving between mobile and WiFi all Day and stating in LTE instead of dropping to G3. Finally.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat