Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

I have 2 pixel 3 xl phones and both of them will often get stuck on 3g and not switch back to lte until I toggle airplane mode, then they will switch back to lte and stay for a while then at some point if they fall back to 3g they will get stuck on 3g even though I am in an area with strong lte coverage.  Please help.

449 REPLIES 449
Highlighted

Hi Riyatch great to hear you're seeing good results so far! did you force the update or did you wait until you got the pop-up notification? I'm reluctant to force it and want to wait until I get the pop-up notification I know I'm being a little superstitious but don't want to jinx anything...

Highlighted

@AmirEastbay i checked for the update manually as soon as it was released.  I couldn't wait to try the new update, hoping the nightmare would be over.  So far, its been good.

Highlighted

Same. I checked manually on the first day the update was available.

So far, so good. I'd say they've finally fixed this. Can finally stream like a normal person while driving instead of having things just cut out for no apparent reason.

Now, hopefully they don't mess it up again!
Highlighted

My friends based on your sage advice I manually forced the update yesterday, and I have steadily clung on to my LTE signal without a single drop since then. This is very promising thus far and I am delighted that based on this community's perseverance and insistence, the appropriate people were able to take action and resolve this issue. In these crazy times, this is a refreshing and timely reminder that hope always conquers despair. Once again I want to send a shoutout to Riyatch and Will_I_am for their dedication and all the work on this forum. Thanks to everyone!

Highlighted

@AmirEastbay thanks for the shout-out and thanks for also being active in this discussion helping to get this matter resolved.  This got resolved thanks to the number of people who came and voiced our concerns.  Let's hope that we can now move on.

Highlighted

I am still having this same stupid problem.  I am so tired of this.  It is rediculous to pay this kind of money each month for service and it barely be usable! 

Highlighted

Hey, Seethrough, I looked at your previous messages where you stated that the other devices on the account aren't experiencing this issue. This may be an issue with the device itself. Have you ever taken the device to a Sprint Repair store to get checked out? 

S.R
Highlighted

One of the older iphones is also having the same problem but not to the same extent.  I have taken it to a sprint store and they said they can try swapping out the sim but had none in stock. 

Highlighted

Thanks for the update. You can always call the store to see if they have the SIM in stock. You can find the store contact information by entering the store location in the link provided:  https://sprint.co/2kfiWv6

S.R
Highlighted

PM me your problem location address and I can review the area. 

@Seethrough wrote:

One of the older iphones is also having the same problem but not to the same extent.  I have taken it to a sprint store and they said they can try swapping out the sim but had none in stock. 

Highlighted

Can anyone help me with my Pixel 2 XL choosing awful Tmobile bands over Sprint?  Especially in my work area (zip code 08872).  If I'm stuck on band 12 or band 2 I might as well put the phone in a fish tank.

I read on reddit that any level 2 sprint tech can remove a code that forces my phone to prefer Tmobile bands. 

I use the dialer codes to cancel band 26 because its at most a 1 or 2 mb connection if lucky.  With the dialer codes I only allow for band 25 and band 41. Band 41 works outside but inside if I don't have band 25 I have a paperweight for a phone.  But the dialer codes are of no use to me if my band selection is just over ridden to prefer band 12 on Tmobile.

Not sure if it's related to the merger or not but it has been worse then ever, I have to continually mess with settings all day to try and keep on 25 for as long as possible.  25 works fine for me and I don't see why this phone continually wants me on band 12 when I don't even get 1mb down.   It's really frustrating me to no end.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted

Just so I am clear, your device is connecting to the T-Mobile towers and you would like to be used on the Sprint towers?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat