cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

Journeyman

Re: Pixel 3 xl stuck on 3g

I am a new customer with Sprint. I have the new Google Pixel 3a and am recognizing these mobile network symptoms. I activated the Sprint network by leveraging: {Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced > Carrier > Add Carrier > Sprint}. I did this because my phone was not shipped with a SIM card, despite the literature provided saying there would be a SIM card installed in the device.

• The "Airplane Mode Method" works for me to restore LTE. At work I sit in a known bad area, but while walking around the building outside, I lost coverage completely and was asked to activate roaming (which I am apprehensive to do).
  • "Update Device Config" and the dialpad code worked for probably less than a half-hour.

So, to be clear, these mobile network symptoms are expressing in the new Google Pixel 3a in the Detroit, Michigan area.

Journeyman

HI There,

Have you tried to activate it over wifi? or are you using your cell data? 

Journeyman

I am the one that started this thread and just wanted to let everyone know that the problem is still on going.  I was able to activate the esim and was hoping that that would remedy the problem and it did for about 5 days, then it went right back to falling to 3g again and getting stuck.  Did the same thing on my wife's pixel 3xl and same thing happened.  So the esim is not the solution.

Journeyman

So Sprint. What is the solution then?

Community Manager

Not really a solution.  I've asked for examples and only have received 3.  Of which I sent to the OEM and when they compare 3 with the 100s of thousands out in the wild that works (including my own).  Also, I was required to provide data, such as calls to care, ticket created, etc.  High-level, low calls to care and tickets created.  The 3 complaints coupled with low call volume is an uphill battle in my argument that it is an epidemic.  Nonetheless, still researching.

@psp96 wrote:

So Sprint. What is the solution then?

Journeyman

Well if the eSIM didn't fix it, that at least means it's likely not a SIM model issue suggested earlier.

Journeyman

I have 2, so only 1 other person is having problem?  Seems like more than that.  

GrandMaster

if you were one of the ones that sent info to Will then that would mean only one or two other people fired him the info he requested..the rest didnt bother.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

THIS! Only 3 folk responded.  I kept my word and passed the info up and they were like "Three?!?"  I will continue the fight nonetheless.  I wish my Pixel 3 and my dozens of friends who have Pixel 3 would exhibit the behavior.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

if you were one of the ones that sent info to Will then that would mean only one or two other people fired him the info he requested..the rest didnt bother.

Journeyman

Hello, I am following this thread, not because my phone gets stuck in 3G, but because I'm flipping into 3G a lot more than I used to, and because the speed & reliability of my LTE service is generally deteriorating.

I know the serial number of my SIM card (the 20 digit number printed on the SIM card itself) but not the SKU or Part #. Is there a way I can find out if I'm using the correct SIM card?

Hi Aaron! If you're not getting any SIM Card errors or anything, the card is going to be the correct one. I can double check, though! 

Can you send me a Private Message with the following info:

ICCID(SIM Card #),

your Phone #,

account PIN

IMEI of that Pixel 3XL

That's unfortunate that so few people care to DM you when I see randomly posts about this issue on Reddit all the time and people dot bother to try and help fix the problem.  I guess they just jump ship and leave Sprint which I totally understand now.

What I find facinating though, is that you have at least 24 friends on Sprint who have pixel 3's.  Talk about having a lot of friends with the same phone on the same network.

I thinking my two pixels are experiencing issues because of how the network is configured in our area.  Something is not playing nice because when we travel, I have seen my phone switch back to lte and not get stuck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat