cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL Sim/eSim

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 4 XL Sim/eSim

Hi, does anyone know if eSIM will be supported by Sprint or either the Pixel 4 or 4 XL? If not, I have a Pixel 2 XL and was curious if I could swap the sim out, I searched Google and Sprint's page for info but no luck.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Pixel 4 XL Sim/eSim

Hello Yeahitsmeagain. The esim will be supported with the Pixel 4XL. The phone will not come with a physical sim. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 4 XL Sim/eSim - HOW TO ACTIVATE A NEW PIXEL 4 ON SPRINT

This is an interesting question.

I recently bought a Pixel 4 from Sprint and when I moved the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone, it wouldn't work.

Two hours with Sprint support couldn't fix it.  Then I found out about eSIM and that explained why the the new phone had a SIM number associated with it even though there was no SIM card.

I was able to activate the new phone from the phone itself, by doing Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network and then it was pretty self explanatory from then on. I had to log in to my account, then it activated on its own.

Don't waste hours trying to activate your new phone the way I did.  Simply switch on the new phone, do what I say above, and you are ready to go.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey BMG4ME I just created an account to reply to this comment and say thank you! I spent a day on the phone trying to get it working, then I visited a sprint store and they were confused too!

Going by your guide, I had it set up in 2 minutes and everything is working perfectly, thank you so much!

Highlighted
Journeyman

That makes me so happy to read this. I am glad that I shared my experience. Hopefully it will enable others to save time before they go through the pain that you and I did!
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat