ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL VoLTE is ON: Not able to use mobile data simultaneously during call.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixel 4 XL VoLTE is ON: Not able to use mobile data simultaneously during call.

Not able to browse or use data while on call.

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: Pixel 4 XL VoLTE is ON: Not able to use mobile data simultaneously during call.

Hi over here! Please know that we're still in Soft Launch, which allows us to test VoLTE in real-world conditions to make sure the network and device work together to deliver the VoLTE service. In order for the VoLTE to work, you must be in a selected market with VoLTE with a device that supports it.  

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 4 XL VoLTE is ON: Not able to use mobile data simultaneously during call.

Hey does pixel 4 XL supports VoLTE? And I'm in Atlanta where VoLTE used to work with my previous device S10 and I still can browse mobile data simultaneously while on call? 

For some reason it's not working on my new device pixel 4 XL, but I do see Sprint advertising Pixel 4 supports VoLTE.

Can you explain why I'm not able to use mobile data while on call now?

Sprint Social Care

Would like to confirm, is the Pixel 4 XL you have a bring your own device? Or did you purchase the phone with Sprint? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It's a unlocked device purchased from Best buy on full price and activated with Sprint. Basically best buy sold me a Sprint device, If I'm not wrong. 

Journeyman

Just reached out to pixel team, Was told there is zero difference between the unlocked and pixel 4 sold by Sprint. 

Sprint Social Care

Allright! It should be working with no problem since the Pixel 4 XL is VoLTE capable and also it is available in Atlanta. Do you have data connection issues or dropped calls? Is your device software up to date? When you enable the VoLTE function on the phone, is there any error? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No error, I'm guessing VoLTE works for calls. But unable to browse internet or use mobile data during the call.

I know VoLTE supports simultaneous mobile data access during calls. It used to work with my S10 but not on the pixel 4 I currently have. 

All device, system and network updates are current. VoLTE is on in settings.

How do I fix this? 

Sprint Social Care

I'll have to access your account and make sure everything is set up correctly in our end, and if it is, to send your case over the network team so they can further investigate into this. Send me the account holder's name, phone number, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat