cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL data issues

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Pixel 4 XL data issues

The update which came out Monday is just a monthly security patch.  I thought I posted an update about the issue in this thread, but it appears I only did in the Pixel 3 thread.  Please allow me to paste that update:

OK folks...Keep in mind I have to be very careful in what I can say because I have not been cleared to what I can publicly say.  So, when the follow-up questions come, please forgive my lack of answers.  With that said,  there is good news and there is bad news.

Good news...the root cause has been identified.  Much thanks to our Florida customer who was able to obtain logs for us with our logging device.

Bad News...There is a fix that is tentatively set for 1Q2020.  The keyword is "tentatively" and that date may get pushed back.  I have a date, but I try not to put dates on here because inevitably when the date comes and goes I get a lot of "YOU ARE A LIAR @Em_Will_I_Am!!!" and also I have not been given the permission to post the date.  Usually, I try to be a rebel on here and post stuff and ask for forgiveness later, but I was explicitly told not to when I was given this information last week.  I've been trying to negotiate since that time what I can and cannot say.  I'm only answering now because the thread is lit now and I want to tell y'all something.

So, in the meantime, the only workaround is to power cycle and/or toggle airplane mode.  If I'm given the green light, I will be more explicit in my information.

The thread is here and I recommend starting on Page 25.  Some interesting reading.

@groovelite wrote:

Did you check to see if there is an update available on Pixel 4? There's no thread to point to specifically. But for example, someone in this https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/20315536?hl=en
said support was working on rolling out a fix soon. That led me to check to see if any new updates were available to download yesterday, 1/6. There was an update, I installed, and my data connection has been solid since. The update notes were vague but did point to improvements in performance/reliability/compatibility.

The patch date was Jan 1, 2020. I don't know why it didn't install automatically. I had to tell it to update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im having exact same issues with my Pixel 4 in FL

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

wends09 - Thanks for reaching out. Does this happen everywhere you go? Did you start seeing the issue immediately after buying the Pixel 4XL?  Are calls and texts affected too or just data? 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

As an update, I've had my Pixel 4 XL phones for about 3 months now. Have had this problem since day one. It affects text messages and 4G data service. I'm currently running the January security patch.

Hopefully something will change soon.

Nick

St. Louis, MO

Highlighted
Journeyman

I contacted google today and they had me run that new patch saying it will fix the problem. I'll give it a day or two and see if it's truly fixed.

I just find it so weird that the phone didn't send me a notification saying it had a new update. I had to go and manually check for updates to find it.

Journeyman

I have a Pixel 4 XL and my phone has the January 1 update installed. 

I am still having the issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since updating to the Jan 1 2020 patch my data has been working flawlessly. Better than my previous iPhone 6s. Its only been 4 days and my test area is limited to a 17 mile commute but before the patch I was losing LTE on the same route and now it's golden.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! I think it's too early to claim victory but I didn't lose data in my commute today. I updated to the new patch today, before the update it was awful! Let's see how it works tomorrow
Highlighted
Journeyman

Didnt wanted to celebrate too early, Contacted Google Support on Thursday,
We noticed there is a pending Update, I have asked for the Release Notes (didnt saw anything in particular related to our issue), But he promised that once i deployed it and reset my network settings (be careful, do not delete the E-SIM!), I wont have those issues again.

Doing that for myself and my daughter's phone, So far we didnt lost the Data.

In parallel i had a call with my Sprint Store guy regarding returning old phones, I mentioned the loosing

data issue, He told me that i am probably on E-SIM and moving to regular Sim might solve the problem (He is aware there is an issue, It was not new to him). So i got a Sim, Didnt installed it yet.
Hopefully the issue is resolved also when using e-sim.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Pixel4 has been on a simcard since day 1. Apparently the Sprint network doesn't like e-sim much because, at least for me and per the Sprint agents that saw my phone, it never works as it's supposed to be and they can manage the configuration better through a simcard.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess the answer is to get a real sum card. How do we do that?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi woodyth12456 ! Are you looking to get a replacement of the physical SIM card? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat