cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL data issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 4 XL data issues

My pixel 4xl has no physical sim, only esim, seems this is the issue with our phones dropping services. Can I just go to the Sprint store and get one? Can you send me one? 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I can help you with getting one, however, you'll receive it within couple of days. If you go to the store, you can it right away.

Please click: https://sprint.co/2kfiWv6 to locate your nearest one. You can call first to check availability. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi @Sprint_Ciara
I got a spare Sim card from the store just in case,
How easy is it to move from e-sim, can it be done online ?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi ezeitoun ! It should be deactivate it when the physical SIM info is entered into our system.

SIM swaps cannot be done online until now. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

As detailed in my original post, I have a physical Sim and I still have the exact same issues. It's gotten better but I still have to cycle airplane mode at least a few times per week depending on where I go. I'm waiting for this upcoming fix at this point before I expect this to get any better. Switching to a physical Sim won't hurt anything, but it's not the miraculous fix we all are hoping for.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it isnt the sim card...or the esim that is causing this.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks @fireguy_6364 ,

The only reason i mentioned it, is because when i called my sprint store and mentioned loosing the data to the person i know there he mentioned the e-sim and the possibility to move to regular sim.

As it seems no one in sprint can provide me a sim card for Pixel 4 (They say its special one, Google says its regular one), I am still on my e-sim, Since Thursday when i deployed the January fix (which existed before Thursday but never appeared on my device until chatted with google) Both me and my Daughter didnt suffer from the issue so far.

Hopefully it will continue that way...

The Google Support guy contacted me today to ask if i still have the issue, i have asked for few more days before we close the case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Pixel 4 xl data speed

Won't connect to LTE. Speed is incredibly slow. Can sit next to someone else using the Sprint network and they get data results while a simple Google search times out on the Pixel.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Google Pixel 4 xl data speed

just in case its network related you will want to post your zip code and closest cross streets..is this only happening in one certain area or everywhere you go?

if its everywhere it COULD still be a network deal..but it could also be this..which doesnt affect everyone that owns one.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Moto-Google-Essential-Others/Pixel-4-XL-data-issues/td-p/1062725/pag...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

two pages back

Community Manager

The update which came out Monday is just a monthly security patch.  I thought I posted an update about the issue in this thread, but it appears I only did in the Pixel 3 thread.  Please allow me to paste that update:

OK folks...Keep in mind I have to be very careful in what I can say because I have not been cleared to what I can publicly say.  So, when the follow-up questions come, please forgive my lack of answers.  With that said,  there is good news and there is bad news.

Good news...the root cause has been identified.  Much thanks to our Florida customer who was able to obtain logs for us with our logging device.

Bad News...There is a fix that is tentatively set for 1Q2020.  The keyword is "tentatively" and that date may get pushed back.  I have a date, but I try not to put dates on here because inevitably when the date comes and goes I get a lot of "YOU ARE A LIAR @Em_Will_I_Am!!!" and also I have not been given the permission to post the date.  Usually, I try to be a rebel on here and post stuff and ask for forgiveness later, but I was explicitly told not to when I was given this information last week.  I've been trying to negotiate since that time what I can and cannot say.  I'm only answering now because the thread is lit now and I want to tell y'all something.

So, in the meantime, the only workaround is to power cycle and/or toggle airplane mode.  If I'm given the green light, I will be more explicit in my information.

The thread is here and I recommend starting on Page 25.  Some interesting reading.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Saturday  lI thewent to the local store to get physical sim, it took the guy a while to get it going. Travelled yesterday dropped a few times. Seems a bit better though. 

Community Manager

Update:  This is what I have been allowed to say.  AHEM!!

Some users report Pixels appear stuck in 3G data until a power cycle is completed. Handsets do not seem to acquire LTE in known LTE coverage areas.  Please be advised this behavior will be fixed in the March 2020 software release. To temporarily resolve the behavior, perform a power cycle on the device. The behavior may return randomly until the fix has been released. You may receive Android Security updates prior to the fix release.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat