cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL data issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 4 XL data issues

I live in Saint Louis and have 4 Pixel 4 XLs with this issue. Whenever I'm traveling between towers the phone will drop to 3G coverage and then I have to cycle airplane mode to get LTE coverage back.

Does anyone have any updates on this issue? I'm not quite 30 days into my Sprint contract but thinking of returning all the phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spoiler
In case anyone is still having issues with this, I ran across a setting located under network and internet, then mobile network called preferred network type. It was set to "Global" on all four of my phones. I changed it to "LTE" and things seem to be working properly.

Seems like there's a couple settings that are recommended but for some reason do not come pre-configured on this phone.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope that fixed it for you, but mines been set to LTE since I first started troubleshooting it. It's not every handoff that causes the problem but it's definitely when it switches towers that the failure occurs. This phone actually has better service in some areas than my old phone now, but I often have to cycle airplane mode to get there. Quite annoying. I am hoping the monthly update will help but it still hasn't rolled out to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same goes for me man, I have had everything switched to proper settings since before I complained on this forum. Only way to get service after its lost is switch on/off airplane mode, or reset phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Constantly going into 3G. It's absolutely horrible. Never had this issue with my S9. Also, I have a physical SIM because the tech at Sprint didn't feel like downloading an esim.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

mzmudzki - Hey, I've sent you a PM. I'm Isandy from Sprint customer care btw.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with this. Luckily I'm still within my 30-day satisfaction guarantee window so I guess it's time to start returning phones. I called Sprint today and spent about 30 minutes on the phone. The representative was not very helpful but looked up a couple locations where I reported having problems. In the end she seemed unwilling to escalate the issue.

I don't understand why Sprint won't acknowledge that there is an issue with this. The representative even went as far as to say " there are no reported issues".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue on my pixel 4 I bought from Google. I have experienced problems in several areas in the twin cities (Minneapolis area) including downtown. Specifically between the parking lots and the target center and target field, an area I know has good coverage.

Like others, I think my signal is actually better in some spots, but that's not a good trade off if I frequently don't have data at all in other places I should.

The problem is subtle, so I am past Google's 15 day return period. Blech. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Day 9 with my new Pixel 4 xl..... Same issues as described in this thread. Sprint is not my service provider.

Phone is getting returned. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I switched from T-Mobile to Sprint with a Google Pixel 4 XL, my phone's mobile data stopped working altogether. The Sprint store reps could not fix the issue--they even tried a factory reset. I found a solution myself:
Settings -> Network & Internet -> Mobile

Network -> Advanced -> Carrier Settings -> Update Device Config.

Then a message appeared that said "Activated." Now my mobile data connection works fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having same issue here. Complete struggle. Any updates? I also noticed even if wifi is turned off, it turns itself on if in a known network it seems. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi. There is no update yet. The issue continues to be investigated. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat