cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 4 XL data issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pixel 4 XL data issues

What do you suggest I do? I am losing data constantly now. I shouldn't have to deal with this. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I understand that this may be an inconvenient for you. In the meantime, the only workaround is to power cycle and/or toggle airplane mode. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I will return this phone, and go elsewhere for my wireless services. It seems this has been going on for months and no change, no update , no concern for the segment of your customers who you should be the most concerned with. 1998 is when I signed up originally with Sprint. Let that sink in. 22 years I have paid my MRC. Only to be told,"your gonna have to deal with it". Great. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We're not ready to see you part ways with us. I definitely understand how inconvenient this could be for you. We have been informed that the problem has already been reported and being worked on.

You could try some other steps as a work around:

1- Settings> Network and internet> mobile network> carrier. 
2- Click the wheel icon shown after the Sprint entry.
3- Select Delete to remove the old profile information. 
4. Return to the Carrier screen and select Add carrier. 
If the device asks you to add Sim card choose download eSIM.

Please let me know how it goes. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah deleted esim and now have spent 2 hours on the phone since it won't add back now 

DO NOT DO THIS. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just told I have to go in to a sprint store to get this esim issue resolved, wasting MORE of MY TIME. I guess I should have been satisfied with 1/4 service. Now I have NONE. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@woodyth12456 , as you can see you have done and investigated all the possible options to resolve this issue without getting any progress, honestly I don't want to take more of your time.
I'll be courteously asking you to please be patient with us because as much as I'd like to offer a quick resolution on my end we need to await on the resolution that it's being worked on.
I have also sent you a Private Message, please check your inbox. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I have sent you a message, please check your inbox. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

all day back and forth and still without service. DO NOT EVER delete Esim......

Highlighted
Journeyman

After reading some of these threads and that Google was working on an update to fix this issue, I checked to see if my Pixel 4 XL had an update available. There was an update and I installed and this issue appears to be resolved! My phone was dropping LTE overnight and between towers on my commute to work, staying in 3G until restart of radio. Its only been one day my but I'm optimistic as my phone is not exhibiting the same behavior and has held a strong LTE signal where it previously had not. Installed 1/6/2020.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you refer me to the threads you have found ?

I am from Florida, Moved from Verizon to Sprint, 5 Devices, Since the Pixel 4XL was not in stock,

I had the luck of running my old Pixel 3XL with regular sim on the same location and others

with 0 issues of loosing Data, Since the move to Pixel 4XL both me and my daughter (she want her Pixel 3XL back!) suffer from this issue.

I tend to believe this is due to the E-SIM (seems airplane mode off/on is initializing something there as
well), But Sprint Support (which i had to explain them how cellular network works) couldnt help me.

I was about to go to the store today and see what they can do, But i bumped into this thread on google.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you check to see if there is an update available on Pixel 4? There's no thread to point to specifically. But for example, someone in this https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/20315536?hl=en
said support was working on rolling out a fix soon. That led me to check to see if any new updates were available to download yesterday, 1/6. There was an update, I installed, and my data connection has been solid since. The update notes were vague but did point to improvements in performance/reliability/compatibility.

The patch date was Jan 1, 2020. I don't know why it didn't install automatically. I had to tell it to update.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat