Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card Activation

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sim card Activation

H i;

I migrated from Google Fi and brought with me the Pixel 2 XL two weeks ago but couldn't get a Sim card til few days back. Now attempting to activate online on Sprint web site gives me an error: "The ICC ID Number is unavailable".

So I decided to use the Chat function to activate the new Sim card to no avail ! How come you might ask!, it seems that in order for the rep to activate the Sim card, she needs to input a code that she texts to my Sprint number! Unfortunately I didn't leave an alternate number on my account and since my phone is not working, and I can't receive the code via text, I cannot activate the new Sim card!

I'd appreciate any help.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sim card Activation

Since the PIxel isn't sold by us, do you know if it was added to the database?  If it isn't in the database, the SIM wouldn't be registered to it. I'm going to send you a private message to get the phone information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I am having a similar issue.  The phone was on Google Fi until I could get the proper SIM.  Customer service and the Sprint Store are unable to get my SIM properly activated. 

My account shows the Pixel 2 XL as attached but the SIM does not configure or activate.

The phone info shows the sim is sprint, service status is in service but the network is disconnected.

Of course I am at a dead end. smh 

Howdy TNEWTONA9. I just had a case where I was trying to activate a Pixel 3. With this phone, the sim card is an esim. Do you know if the sim card in the Pixel 2 is an esim or a physical sim? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

The Google Fi activation was with the esim.  I cancelled and ported, then attempted activation with a new SIM from sprint.

I'm not going to make any promises, but I'll be more than happy to try everything I know to get this phone activated on our network. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat