Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925) 10/25/2019

Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (GM1925) 10/25/2019

OnePlus - 7 Pro 5G (GM1925)

 

Software Version: 9.5.14.GM25CC
Release Date: 10/25/2019
Method: Available OTA 


Fixes:

 

Android September and October Security Update

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Can you please provide info as to when Android 10 will be released for the 7 Pro 5G?

OnePlus hasn't been able to provide any info and says to ask Sprint, so this is me asking Sprint, it's been out for the non-5G version for months and several updates and versions, yet Sprint users are stuck on 9.5.16 (Android 9)...

Thanks for any info you have! 😁

Highlighted

I will have to get back to you regarding your question.  Given the holidays, all of my contacts are MIA.  So, hopefully, I will know something by the end of the week.

 


@Whoareyouxda wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am 

Can you please provide info as to when Android 10 will be released for the 7 Pro 5G?

OnePlus hasn't been able to provide any info and says to ask Sprint, so this is me asking Sprint, it's been out for the non-5G version for months and several updates and versions, yet Sprint users are stuck on 9.5.16 (Android 9)...

Thanks for any info you have! 😁


 

 

Highlighted

OP posted on their community app that the EE version of the 7 Pro 5G would be released Q1 20. They never mentioned the Sprint version though. So hopefully it's sooner in Q1 than later for the Sprint model as well. I've posted over there multiple times trying to get an answer from a OP employee but they never respond. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another V40 catastrophe seeing all the other 6/7 models have 10. Although they do seem to be having issues with beta & stable releases according to some users. 

Highlighted

Yeah, I doubt that.  The problem with the V40 and other LGs is VoLTE compatibility.  The OnePlus launched with VoLTE.

 


@Barman49 wrote:

OP posted on their community app that the EE version of the 7 Pro 5G would be released Q1 20. They never mentioned the Sprint version though. So hopefully it's sooner in Q1 than later for the Sprint model as well. I've posted over there multiple times trying to get an answer from a OP employee but they never respond. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another V40 catastrophe seeing all the other 6/7 models have 10. Although they do seem to be having issues with beta & stable releases according to some users. 


 

Highlighted

Hey, 

 

What do you doubt? That the 10 update will be released quicker or not til the end of the first quarter?

 

BTW, do you know if voLTE has launched nationwide yet? 

 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

LOL, my bad.  I doubt there will be a hold up like the LGs.  I think it will be released sooner.  Should know more next week once folks get back in the office.

 


@Barman49 wrote:

Hey, 

 

What do you doubt? That the 10 update will be released quicker or not til the end of the first quarter?

 

Thanks. 


 

Highlighted

It would be nice. T-Mobile just released 10 for their 7 but it obviously isn't a 5G model. OP is claiming that  is what is causing the delay on their end. 

Highlighted

It could be, but what I saw was all the gesture commands causing problems with Android.  At least that was the case during the beta trial.  Apparently, they got that figured out because they dropped the factory image and then the T-Mo update months later.

 


@Barman49 wrote:

It would be nice. T-Mobile just released 10 for their 7 but it obviously isn't a 5G model. OP is claiming that  is what is causing the delay on their end. 


 

Highlighted

Could be. I like the OP gestures but I think I read that Google is making manufacturers use their gestures starting in 10. All I know is there are a lot of unhappy people on the OP community app about updates beta and stable having serious issues. Personally I think they are releasing too many phones now. Should have stuck with 2 or 3 max a year until they can get it together fully. 

Highlighted

Have you heard anything from OnePlus? It's been plenty of time to reply to over-the-holiday emails.

 

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted

As a matter of fact, I did yesterday.  I was not given a committed date, only "by end of first quarter".

 


@Whoareyouxda wrote:

Have you heard anything from OnePlus? It's been plenty of time to reply to over-the-holiday emails.

 

Thanks for your help!


 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat