Method: Available OTA 

Fixes:

General Bug Fixes

SDC+ Kodiak updates

Battery enhancements

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Sonim XP3 (XP3800) 7/30/2019

This update broke the audio on the phone. I got 5 brand new of these in sealed box from Sprint. I set up 2 of them, with the Sprint Direct Connect Plus active. All worked fine. Then I updated the firmware.
After the update, the SDC+, when the phones are in silent mode, you can't hear what the other person is saying. Then phones have to be in loud speaker mode. This was not a problem with the original firmware straight out of the box.
Community Manager

PM me one of those phone numbers and I can have an engineer research.  Unfortunately, I do not have one here locally to test.

@asas wrote:
This update broke the audio on the phone. I got 5 brand new of these in sealed box from Sprint. I set up 2 of them, with the Sprint Direct Connect Plus active. All worked fine. Then I updated the firmware.
After the update, the SDC+, when the phones are in silent mode, you can't hear what the other person is saying. Then phones have to be in loud speaker mode. This was not a problem with the original firmware straight out of the box.

Journeyman

Sent you the information
Community Manager

Thanks!

@asas wrote:
Sent you the information

Journeyman

Just got a call from Sprint (I opened a ticket on this with them). They told me not to update the firmware on any of my Sonim Xp3 phones as Sonim just sent out an alert that there is a bug in that new firmware. That validates my claim. I guess now we just need them to fix the new firmware and then I can update.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yeah, I got the impression they were getting complaints from all sides when I sent in your info.

@asas wrote:

Just got a call from Sprint (I opened a ticket on this with them). They told me not to update the firmware on any of my Sonim Xp3 phones as Sonim just sent out an alert that there is a bug in that new firmware. That validates my claim. I guess now we just need them to fix the new firmware and then I can update.

Community Manager

No update dropped to address the audio issues.  

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat