Method: Available OTA 

Fixes:

General Bug Fixes

SDC+ Kodiak updates

Battery enhancements

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Sonim XP3 (XP3800) 7/30/2019

This update broke the audio on the phone. I got 5 brand new of these in sealed box from Sprint. I set up 2 of them, with the Sprint Direct Connect Plus active. All worked fine. Then I updated the firmware.
After the update, the SDC+, when the phones are in silent mode, you can't hear what the other person is saying. Then phones have to be in loud speaker mode. This was not a problem with the original firmware straight out of the box.
Community Manager

PM me one of those phone numbers and I can have an engineer research.  Unfortunately, I do not have one here locally to test.

@asas wrote:
This update broke the audio on the phone. I got 5 brand new of these in sealed box from Sprint. I set up 2 of them, with the Sprint Direct Connect Plus active. All worked fine. Then I updated the firmware.
After the update, the SDC+, when the phones are in silent mode, you can't hear what the other person is saying. Then phones have to be in loud speaker mode. This was not a problem with the original firmware straight out of the box.

Journeyman

Sent you the information
Community Manager

Thanks!

@asas wrote:
Sent you the information

Journeyman

Just got a call from Sprint (I opened a ticket on this with them). They told me not to update the firmware on any of my Sonim Xp3 phones as Sonim just sent out an alert that there is a bug in that new firmware. That validates my claim. I guess now we just need them to fix the new firmware and then I can update.

Community Manager

Yeah, I got the impression they were getting complaints from all sides when I sent in your info.

@asas wrote:

Just got a call from Sprint (I opened a ticket on this with them). They told me not to update the firmware on any of my Sonim Xp3 phones as Sonim just sent out an alert that there is a bug in that new firmware. That validates my claim. I guess now we just need them to fix the new firmware and then I can update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat