cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Updates

Highlighted
Journeyman

Software Updates

Do we still come here for software updates for phones using a T-Mobile handset but uh a Sprint sim, ex S20's, OP8 & LG V60? I do because I see the V60 has a post about its last one but nothing for the S20 or OP8 about updates. A little frustrating trying to figure this out. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey, could you elaborate a bit more on your issue so that I can get a better understanding? 

Highlighted

The mods of this community usually post about the software updates for Sprint phones. I'm curious if the phones I mentioned in my initial post will be posted about here when an update comes out. Like I said the V60 had a post about the June security update but I have yet to see any on this community about any S20 or OP8 updates. I asked this question about a month ago and mods couldn't answer the question. But now with seeing a V60 post I'm curious why that's the only T-Mobile phone that has been posted about here. 

Highlighted

Hey, I'm trying to get a better understanding of this as it's a bit frustrating. Which device do you want a update for? 

Highlighted

Forget it.  

Highlighted

Just wanted to make things clear, is it the Update of the S20 you're querying about? I want to be able to help with this in best way possible. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

either they havent received any info on the updates as of yet in order to post them or no updates have pushed to them as of yet for the Sprint side.

you see who usually posts them..if he has the info he posts it..if he knows a update has been pushed but he does not have the info passed down to him he is usually unable to post about said update until he has that info.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I know they can sometimes be a little late with posting about updates. But the first one I received when I got my OP8 is at least a month old.  T-Mobile has released a new one in the last week. The first two updates were released and sent out to T-Mobile & Sprint handsets at the same time.  This is why I'm asking about who is actually pushing them out.  If you look in the Samsung area there's nothing for any S20 models either.  They also just had one pushed out.  So I'm thinking maybe its all T-Mobile but then I see the V60 has a post from 7/6 about an update.  Very confusing. I don't understand how two different mods can't figure out what I'm asking but you do. Lol.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

at this point im not to sure. even though theyre merged i would think the SIM card in them still being from two different carriers would still only pull in the update for each one (TMO or Sprint) and not a one size fits all type deal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

i have just been around longer 😉 lol

@Barman49 wrote:

. I don't understand how two different mods can't figure out what I'm asking but you do. Lol.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat