cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone already registered my phone's IMEI!!

Journeyman

Someone already registered my phone's IMEI!!

I made a call to Sprint CS and tried to port-in from T-mobile and apply for 1-year unlimited free promo.

After validating personal info and credit check, I was approved to have maximum five lines under my name and the agent proceeded to check my phone's IMEI. However, the CS agent told me that my Google Pixel 2 XL's IMEI is already have been registered with Sprint. I've never used Sprint service before with this number nor this phone. I purchased this phone from a Target store with Verizon device payment plan in last September and recently ported in to T-mobile. So I was astonished and tried to figure out what exactly happened but the agent asked me to visit a corporate store, but there was no stores nearby my place (within 50 miles).

I am deeply concerned whether someone is using my IMEI or this is just a system glitch. If there's someone using it, I would like to ask Sprint to do investigation on this matter. I will be happy to provide my contact details to talk about this issue. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Someone already registered my phone's IMEI!!

Hey Pjh515! I'd like to take a look at this for you.  Please send me a PM with the MEID or IMEI of that phone.  Has that Pixel 2XL ever been activated on Google Project Fi?

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat