Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint blacklisted my phone that I bought new and don't use on Sprint network

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint blacklisted my phone that I bought new and don't use on Sprint network

Hi,  As of today I can't use my Pixel 3a XL that I bought unlocked direct from Google and use with a cricket SIM.  When I called cricket they told me that my IMEI was on Sprint's blacklist!

I am shocked that Sprint have the ability to do this and when I called they told me that I had to go to a Sprint corporate office.  The nearest one is 5 miles away and not easily accessible for me.

Do I have any alternatives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint blacklisted my phone that I bought new and don't use on Sprint network

Hi @baltdon! This definitely does not sound like us, let's check what's going on. I've sent you a PM. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint blacklisted my phone that I bought new and don't use on Sprint network

Hi @baltdon! This definitely does not sound like us, let's check what's going on. I've sent you a PM. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Carlos helped me by asking for some details about my phone then getting it removed from the national blacklist.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This has happened to me also and seems to be a fairly common problem as I see on this forum.

I have an iPhone 8 that I purchased new from Apple about 2 years ago.  I am an ATT customer and have never had a Sprint account.  2 Weeks ago my phone (now my son's) stopped working on the cell network and after nearly 10 days of wrangling with ATT I finally discovered that it was Sprint who blacklisted the phone and that it was up to me to sort it out! I give ATT a FAIL for that but I contacted Sprint support yesterday and a helpful agent gave me a number for the Fraud Department as she said there seemed to be fraudulent activity. 

I called today and was unable to get through to a person as the options only lead to a recording.  I then called customer service ( I had to use Skype as my phone {not blocked} will not let me call any Sprint numbers, not sure if that is Sprint or ATT doing that). The agent tried to call for me but after 15 minutes on hold, I got the same recording which then thanks you and says "bye".  I tried again and this time the agent said they were opening a case and they would contact me.  It might take 5-7 business days!  I am also skeptical as to if they will actually contact me.

It seems strange that Sprint can have this much power over a non-customer and does not provide a simple way for us to contact them. Right now I have a useless phone and my son is without communication in case of emergency.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi there chilero ! I want to do what I can to take care of this. Please reply to my Private Message as soon as you get a chance.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok thanks.  I have sent you a private reply

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been going in a circle on this.  Carlos from Sprint says it has been cleared and should work but ATT says it is still blacklisted by Sprint.  Everyone is pointing fingers at the other and I am getting nowhere! 

PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was the same for me.  Apparently it takes a few days for the removal to get propagated.  Hopefully your phone will be operational soon.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey @chilero! It looks it takes some time to be updated among carriers, but it's great to know it's working now. Thanks for bringing your concern to us.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat