cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint says Nexus 6P are supported, but will not activate one

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint says Nexus 6P are supported, but will not activate one

After many calls and chats with Sprint I managed to get a Nexus 6P on the 'free' one year unlimited plan. 

But then I broke the screen. Not a big deal I thought, as my friend has another 6P he isn't using. 

But it is a big deal because Sprint customer service can't activate the other 6P.

**bleep** Sprint? Is the goal to make it so hard to use older devices customers give up an buy a new one? I will never do that. I will go to a GSM network before caving in to Sprints twisted games and bait and switch. It will be a long time before I ever recommend friends or family switch to Sprint, even for a 'free' unlimited plan.  The rest of the world can swap SIMs without issue, but Sprint is stuck in the cell stone age. 

Nexus 6p works on Sprint. Full Stop. Bust Sprint doesn't wan't to activate them. If your time is valuble to you use your Nexus 6P on another network.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Sprint says Nexus 6P are supported, but will not activate one

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

As with most BYOD and probably your Nexus 6P, the phone will need to be added to the database. That process can take up to 10 days. I'm happy to submit the ticket for you. I'll send you a private message to get started.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

It was added to the database very quickly.

Thank you so much!

This experience would have been so much better if chat and phone support would have refered me to the right agent insted of telling me my device is not supported. It is unacceptable that I had to search on-line and find help on this site on my own. Nobody from Sprint said 'hey, maybe check out Sprints on-line community support site'. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat