cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint support agents told my phone was unlocked but my phone didn't show that it had been unlocked

Journeyman

Sprint support agents told my phone was unlocked but my phone didn't show that it had been unlocked

Hi guys,

I bought an used Blackberry Keyone smartphone on the internet. I was rest assured by the seller that the phone is "clean" (by checking IMEI, I also found that the phone was clean as well) so I went on and bought with hope that I would be able to use with ANY network of my choice in and out the U.S. I approached several different support agents, they consistently checked "by their tools" and found that my phone was actually unlocked on the system. But after I'd re-installed / updated the phone OS to ABL766 (latest OS version of the phone using a tool called Mobile Upgrade Q provided by Blackberry Mobile), the phone kept saying: INVALID CARD upon having inserted a GSM SIM CARD and something called REDBEND appeared and tried to configure my voice and data. Could anyone here help to solve this problem? 

FYI:

1. I am not locating in the U.S

2. I don't have any Sprint SIM card.

3. I have Internet connection.

4. I don't have previous owner's account or number or PIN

My point is whether there's any convenient way round for those guys who live outta the U.S to get their Sprint phone unlocked provided that the phone is clean and fully eligible for unlock according to new policy.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Sprint support agents told my phone was unlocked but my phone didn't show that it had been un...

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Hi, you must meet all of the criteria for eligibility in order for the unlock request to be processed.  Unfortunately, without a Sprint Sim card the device cannot be unlocked.

Journeyman

Re: Sprint support agents told my phone was unlocked but my phone didn't show that it had been un...

Hi,

So even I am not in the U.S but if I have internet connection AND I have a Sprint SIM CARD inserted into the phone then the phone can be unlocked? 

I would need to do some further research to determine if the phone is unlock eligible. Also, the phone may read unlocked in our system and not truly be unlocked. As soon as the request is submitted and the signal is sent, our system is updated to say it's unlocked. Whether the phone was prepared to receive the signal is another story. So, let's check on the device eligibility first, and if it meets the requirements, I can submit for unlock again. I'm sending you a private message to get your information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat