Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tethering or Hotspot Error - Motorola g7

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tethering or Hotspot Error - Motorola g7

Good Morning -

When attempting to use the Wifi Hotspot on my Motorola g7 play, the following error comes up:

Wifi Hotspot Phone Error.png

The wifi hotspot worked on my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) but unfortunately, it does not work on this phone.  The Motorola g7 play is running Android 9. 

I've tried to reboot the phone (several times) and used the SCRTN code (*#*#72786#*#*) but neither resolved the problem.   My Sprint account includes the wi-fi hotspot, so I don't understand why this doesn't work.  Unfortunately, after 40 minutes on the phone with Sprint technical support yesterday, it seems Sprint doesn't know why this doesn't work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated

--Nate

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Tethering or Hotspot Error - Motorola g7

Hi nwalker752 ! I want to help you out with this. It seems that some troubleshooting steps have been done. I know hotspot was working on your previous device, however, I still want to make sure that everything is set up properly from our end. Please send me a Private Message as soon as you have a chance. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Tethering or Hotspot Error - Motorola g7

I had the same problem with My G7 play, Try This!  You probably already  tried this , but the very last step is the most important!

Go to setting  -   Network & Internet  

-   Mobile network

-  Advanced  

-   Carrier settings   (the very bottom)

-   Update device config 

Soonest it's Done and you see  " OK"  use the pull down menu on top, and turn on the hotspot before your phone resets. You have to do it fast!  Before the LTE and signal bars shows up top right.

This is the only way mine works. I hope it will work for you!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat