cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC unlock not working

Journeyman

UICC unlock not working

Hi! I have a Moto e5 Play that's been on Sprint for about a year. I called a month ago to request that it be unlocked, and received an email from Sprint about a week later indicating that it had been unlocked.

I then followed the steps here to unlock on my end: https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/SOLUTION-Sprint-Hints-for-Successful-Unlocks/ta-p/9...

I dialed ##72786## and the phone rebooted. I updated the PRL and the profile, and then I tried the UICC unlock. It says "The UICC Unlock has been updated. Your device is locked to only support your Sprint UICC. Please contact Sprint to unlock your device to support a different UICC if needed." So it appears to still be locked.

I've called Sprint customer service twice since that initial call. First a representative told me that my phone had been unlocked for international use only, and that they would need to file a new ticket to have it unlocked domestically. I waited for a couple weeks without receiving a response to that ticket and called again. That representative told me that everything looked good on Sprint's end, but that she'd file another ticket to try again. I've received no response on that either.

It seems like going through the phone support channel isn't getting me anywhere. Can someone here please help me get my phone unlocked? Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: UICC unlock not working

Howdy brian123. I'll be more than happy to look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I can gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Re: UICC unlock not working

I've sent that information. Thanks in advance for your help!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat