cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock essential phone

Journeyman

Unlock essential phone

I  called the many times to unlock my essential phone but never successful. In Sprint system, it is unlocked. But when I insert another sim card is still locked to Sprint. 

please help.

30 REPLIES 30
Wizard

Re: Unlock essential phone

Hello Yao42901. I will be more than happy to assist you. Do you have a Sprint sim card? If so place it in the phone and complete the UICC unlock. Let me know if the device unlocks for you. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint sim card in the phone and I have Sprint service. Tried update uicc update, still locked to sprint
Journeyman

Yes Sprint card inside and active Sprint service

Wizard

Ok. That might be the issue. With the phone being active on the Sprint network it will re-lock to Sprint, after being unlocked. This is a common practice with cell carriers. May I ask why you're needing the device unlocked? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Need international travel.

Are you trying to use a international SIM or domestic?

Journeyman

International. But I also want to fully unlocked international and domestic, in case I may use it as backup phone for my child later. Please help to unlock

I would be more than happy to check it, but when the devices are activated they are usually unlocked. In most cases they will re-lock back to Sprint. Send me a PM with the IMEI. I will check to see how it is unlocked. 

Journeyman

Message sent to you.

Thanks for help

Thank you. I did get that. The device is unlocked, but since it is active it shows when you try to use another SIM it registers that it is a phone active with another carrier. It should work once you are international. 

Journeyman

Not really. I have at&t and China SIM card. When I insert, both show invalid sim.

I believe need to unlock again.

I called many times, sprint even said going to process unlock again. But still the same

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat