cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocked Google Pixel 3 XL not recognized

Journeyman

Unlocked Google Pixel 3 XL not recognized

I have an unlocked Google Pixel 3 XL (from Google store).  I'm trying to get it onto the Sprint network but every time I try to put the IMEI through the IMEI checker it is rejected as an unrecognized device. I know the Pixel 3 XL has CDMA supports.  From what I have read, many users had to get their unlocked device whitelisted/added to the Sprint database. Does anyone know how I could go about this?

Also, I tried to register using the eSim option. Whenever I choose 'Sprint', the next screen says "Setup not complete. Unfortunately, something went wrong and no phone number was added".  It never got to the point to ask for my account information. I'm hoping this has to do with the whitelisting issue and will resolve itself when that problem is solved.

Thanks

Trung

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Unlocked Google Pixel 3 XL not recognized

Howdy trungdok. I'll be more than happy to check that IMEI #. I sent you a PM so I can gather that info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Thanks for your patience. Just  a quick question: Who is your current carrier? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue with my Pixel 3 XL.  Google has sent me two replacements and all of the phones will not activate.  Reps on the phone refuse to transfer me to someone that can get the IMEI added to the database and keep pointing the finger back at Google as the problem.

Can someone please help as I'm ready to just activate on Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My still is not added. I don't know who to believe anymore. It had always been a pain every time I switched phone - either the imei is not registered, phone "too old" and no longer supported, or have to find the correct sim. I don't know why it has to be so hard.

@trungdok, on your Pixel, the Verizon variant is what's prohibiting us from adding your phone. Our BYOD system states that the phone is eligible, except from Verizon. I know you purchased it as an unlocked version, however the Verizon variant is stopping us from adding it. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

@maxx880, where did your phone come from?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Interesting because Verizon said it's not their phone *shrug*

trungdok, Has the phone been on any other carrier besides Mint?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

IDK. And I don't know why that matters. If a phone is capable and fully belongs to the user, then it's just a phone. A phone is a phone is a phone. TMobile accepted it with no problem. This is just too many hoops to jump through and was one of the reasons I switched out of Sprint years ago. I was going to give it another try but just gonna stay with Mint.

@trungdok, I understand your frustration. We're trying to help determine why the phone compatibility isn't working. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I know, and I appreciate it. I'm not blaming you or the other reps. I'm complaining about the Sprint system

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat