cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on BYOD Moto G6 Play

Highlighted
Journeyman

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on BYOD Moto G6 Play

Hi everyone, I have a question about Voice over LTE and Wifi Calling. I have a Motorola Moto G6 Play that I bough on Amazon and have brought to Sprint for the Kickstart plan. So far everything has been working good, except for I can't seem to get Wifi calling to work, as there is no option for it anywhere in settings. I've gone into the hidden menu for selecting your network mode and saw that the VoLTE Provisioned, Wifi Calling provisioned, and Video calling provisioned options are all turned off and greyed out. I do not understand why this is, because  there is no reason Wifi Calling should be turned off. Also I would like to be able to use VoLTE, but that is disabled as well (even though it has been launched in our city as far as I've heard)! I would appreciate any information on how to fix this issue. Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Re: VoLTE and Wifi Calling on BYOD Moto G6 Play

With BYOD phones it is hard to have everything on them, sense they aren't labeled and installed with out software. That would most likely be why you don't have access to WiFi calling. 

For the VoLTE, we are still in our soft launch phase. We have only have it available on some devices. Only some of Apple, LG, Google, and Samsung devices support it atm. 

Re: VoLTE and Wifi Calling on BYOD Moto G6 Play

I was just taking a look, and Calling Plus (WiFi calling) is only offered on 2 of Motorola's phones within our network. The G6 Play isn't one of them. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat