cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling pixel 3 XL

Journeyman

Wifi calling pixel 3 XL

Hi community. Does Sprint Wi-Fi calling work on Pixel 3 XL? Also will new voLTE work in the near future? Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Wifi calling pixel 3 XL

Yes VoLTE will be able to work. There is a possibility you'll need to upgrade your SIM depending on the age of it. Wi-Fi calling should also work on that phone.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Great. Thanks
Journeyman

You're welcome. Feel free to reach back out with any questions. 

Journeyman

i live in NY and have an unlocked  pixel 3 xl and i just got off the phone with sprint rep and she informed me that VoLTE is only available on the pixel 3a and 3a XL. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello sir, i am from India. Recently bought Google Pixel 3a. How can i make Wi-Fi call on my Pixel 3a? I can't found Wi-Fi calling option. 

BestusefulTips

Did you purchase the phone from Sprint? Are you a Sprint customer? Are you in India on vacation, or do you live there? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint

Can you please activate mine on my phone. I have had been going around and around with Sprint trying to get them to activate it on my Pixel 3 XL.

When I go the the MSL Menu (*#*#MSL#*#*) i see the provision, however it is grayed out until Sprint sends a hit to my device allowing the device to know it can use the feature on the Sprint network. I had to do this same thing to get the wifi calling provisioned.

@JESSIEBURROUGHS, was your phone purchased through Sprint or through Google?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Screenshot_20190725-122415_cropped.png

@RedCruzr_Sprint I purchased through Google, Sprint didnt carry the device at launch. However its the same 99 series IMEI or fully unlocked

The screen shot is the advanced menu, where i need Sprint to send the provision to my device so it can be activated here in order to turn it on in the user interface. Same as i had to do for wifi calling. *Other devices in my house use VoLTE so I know its not a area thing.

Also i need info on activation of HD voice if u will please

I would like to verify, do you have an active Sprint account? Are you using a physical SIM or an eSIM?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint very loyal client since '05, always maintaining a credit on my acct, i believe physical sim... I asked about eSim when i was at the Sprint store after receiving the device & needed it activated on my acct, they looked at me like i was a martian (or one of another planet).

*Im well verse in tech, more so than not, a sprint store is only knowledgeable in 3 things:

1. Initial setup of a device (new customers)

2. Factory reset a device (even for small issues)

3. Send off a device for anything a factory reset didnt or cant fix

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat