cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dumbest dumb phone possible

Journeyman

dumbest dumb phone possible

I saw the article recently that sprint will no longer activate any 3G devices. I want a dumb phone. Like, really dumb. As in, all it can do is SMS and phone calls. I don't want internet, I don't want wifi, I don't want a camera, I don't even want a color screen, and if I could avoid GPS I would. 

Obviously I can't go with "old phones" forever since I can no longer activate them. What choices are there for the dumbest of dumb phones possible on sprint?

13 REPLIES 13
GrandMaster

Re: dumbest dumb phone possible

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/cell-phones/sonim-xp5s.html?ensembleId=SONXP58BLK&contractName=0-yr-l...

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/cell-phones/sonim-xp3-non-camera.html?ensembleId=SOXP3800NCBK&contrac...

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/cell-phones/sonim-xp3.html?ensembleId=SONXP3800BLK&contractName=0-yr-...

just a couple listed in their list of devices.

as for data and such..if these have any data you can probably just turn off mobile data but odds are they are 3G only.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

the XP3 is no good - android. Not interested in google O/S...

GrandMaster

top of the page click on "shop" and then "all devices" and they will be all listed in there..a handful of flip phones in there as well as others to choose from if they tickle your fancy.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi - every flip phone I see listed runs android. I do not want to run android or iOS. 

GrandMaster

not sure where you are going to go then..taking a quick look at Verizon you end up with the same android or apple type phone options.

Journeyman

yes I know - I'm kind of at a loss, hence why I am posting here.

I might be willing to run a smart phone if I had complete control over it - the equivalent of root command line access, and could control all data coming in and out of it. But AFAIK nobody offers a true open source O/S for phones.

GrandMaster

pretty much any non carrier branded phone i would think. including the Pixel line as long as it isnt the carrier specific one.

Journeyman

pixel = google = android lol still no good.

GrandMaster

the Google line is normally pure Google without any carrier branded anything really..this is mainly if you purchase it directly from Google..

hate to say it but you might be limited to joining a non big carrier in order to locate the type of phone you are looking for.

Community Manager

With those requirements, you are looking at a Jitterbug...

https://www.greatcall.com/phones/jitterbug-flip-cell-phone-for-seniors

Journeyman

that doesn't work on sprint does it? I was kind of hoping for a uni-body AKA candy bar phone. Flip phones break way too easily...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat