cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

franklin r910 hotspot

Go to solution
Journeyman

franklin r910 hotspot

Hello I have the Franklin r910 hotspot I've had it a while now I noticed early on when I remove the battery and have it plugged in the device keeps restarting or crashing or something might last 10 min or so often less. I have had hotspots in the past and had batterys swell up ect because their plugged in and the battery is in use. So I've had to keep it plugged in and with the battery in it now its swelled up and i need to buy a new one that isn't the issue here but I don't want to keep buying them so when I'm using it at home why can't I use the device without the battery why does it keep restarting or whatever? while its plugged in Ive seen a reddit post saying the same thing with no real solutions.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: franklin r910 hotspot

Using the device plugged in, without the battery, is a great option. May I ask why you must keep it plugged in? Is there a reason that you're not relying on the battery?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I use it at home usually and don't want to wear on the battery when at home

The instructions state the the battery is at full charge within 3 hours and shouldn't be plugged in unless charging is needed. Unfortunately, the product is designed as portable, so it's design is expecting the battery to be used. I'm going to assume that's why there are issues with it's operation once the battery is removed. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

ok thanks for the info

was thinking of maybe switching devices to possibly zte warp connect maybe do you know if that requires battery use and if there would be any issues switching one over via sprint to my account over the phone?

Journeyman

nvm i found the answer

Oh ok. Let me know if any more questions come up.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat