cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: The Egg in the Marshmallow

Sprint Product Ambassador

What iteration of Android would be complete without a little something hidden for users to find?  The quick answer is none of them.   These little gems, known as "Easter Eggs", have been fun little additions to the Android UI refreshes which geeks like myself have grown to love and expect.   For those of you that aren?t in the know Android?s latest 6.0 release is dubbed "Marshmallow" and the Easter Egg hidden within the UI is a direct play off of that name.  Do you like Marshmallows? Who doesn't.  Do you like Flappy Bird?  Who does but can put it down after trying it once.   What do you get when you create a game influence by both?   Something that looks very innocent but will frustrate you to no end.   I am well past my video game playing prime but if you can get past more than 2 gates I tip my imaginary hat to you.   If you are in the mood for a time waster follow the instructions below to access the game, good luck playing and maintaining your composure!

Instructions

• First go to your settings menu and locate the "About Device" option which is typically the last in the list.
  • Within the "About Device" menu find "Android Version" and repeatedly tap the selection until the Easter Egg activates.   You can do this by tapping out the beat to your favorite song or mashing away, as long as you tap more than once a second it should activate.

Once You are In

The Easter Egg doesn;'t jump directly to game play, I guess it wants to find out if you are really dedicated to give it a shot.   You will need to perform more screen tapping, mash away to get through the progression which I?ve provided a couple of snapshots of:

entry screen 1.png

entry screen 2.png

Now it is go time!    The game is a carryover from Android 5.0 Lollipop, refreshed with a marshmallow theme.  I've read about a multiplayer feature but I didn?t get to try that out, if you do please post a comment on your experience with a pic.  Enjoy the game, or at least try to!

The game.png

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team   

Disclaimer:  The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

3 Comments