cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: How to order a Sprint Moto X Pure Edition

Journeyman

The only drawback that comes to mind when thinking of the Moto X Pure Edition is the fact that it takes

a little extra effort (emphasis on little) to get the phone from the interwebz to my hand.  As you may have

noticed, Sprint (or anyone else, for that matter) does not currently offer it on its website for sale.  You

may be asking yourself "Well, how is this possible?!  I can see blogs being posted about how amazing

it works on the Sprint network, so I know people have it, but how do I get my hands on this thing?". 

Well, all it takes is a few simple steps on the Motorola website to customize the phone, and then BAM!

You'll have it at your doorstep in a jiffy (Jiffies may vary.  My jiffy was about 5 business days, if I remember

correctly).  Here is how to customize, and order, your new Moto X Pure edition:

myMotoXP2.jpg

1. Go here.  You're done!  Just kidding!  Now you need to customize this sucker to be *your* phone.

2. First, pick the memory configuration you want to use.  I recommend at least 32GB, but I also use my

phone as an external hard drive sometimes, so take that for what it's worth.  If most of your stuff stays in

the cloud (pictures, music, etc), then 16GB will be enough.  Every extra 16GB is another $50, so the

16GB is $399, 32GB is $450, and the 64GB is $499.

3. Next, the front part.  I opted for the white/silver, but if you are thinking about the blue accent, I would

go for the black front.  It REALLY makes the blue pop.  The white still looks sharp, but the black really

makes the blue speakers stand out.

4. Now starts the fun stuff!  You can choose the back color/material under the "back" section.  I chose the

soft touch blue, but if you are more of a leather person, you can opt for that, or get a wooden back to feel

even closer to nature.  You can choose from 10 colors for the soft touch part, and 4 for both the wooden and

leather backs.

5. Accent color!  This will apply to the back camera/flash bar that joins to the signature Moto Dimple that

makes the phone easier to hold, and also makes the front facing speakers pop visually, since they need

no help "poppin'" from an audio perspective. 

6. If this phone wasn't unique enough already, you can put a personalized engraving on the back.  It could

be your name or anything else, really, but you need to within a 14 character confine.  You don't want to

forget about that limit and be the person that has "Live Long and " on their phone!

7. "Wait, you're telling me that the phone can have my name show up on the screen when it starts up?!"

Yes, friend.  That is exactly what I'm telling you.  But, again, there is a limit, albeit 18 characters this time.

Don't forget this, because you don't want to be person that has "Live Long and Pros" on their phone!

8. Finally, and this may be the most important part, CHOOSE SPRINT AS YOUR SIM CARRIER!  You

don't want to be with the other guys with the prices we have right now. 

moto-x-style-colors1.jpg

(source)

After you get the phone, you can activate it via your online account as easily as any other phone.  See? 

Not that hard.  In fact, the process is fairly straight forward and painless.  The further you get into choosing

your parts, the more excited you start getting about the build.  If the ordering process is this fun, can you

imagine how fun the phone is going to be?  I don't have to, since I already got mine, but what are you

waiting for?!  "Go on, get!"

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee