cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 Download stalling?

Journeyman

5.1 Download stalling?

Is anyone else having the 5.1 download stall out?  My phone has been at the same point in the download for a few hours.  It only makes progress if I turn wi-fi off then back on, and then only a little.  It doesn't give me much confidence that the new OS will work...

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: 5.1 Download stalling?

It won't. Do not update if you haven't yet, my phone is barely usable now. Home button does nothing and I have never had a phone lag so bad. It's like an ancient PC full of viruses and dead registry trash.

Journeyman

So it eventually downloaded, and I don't get any lag.  I did have to reboot with wi-fi and bluetooth off to get it to re-activate and update my profile and PRL files.  It seems to be pretty good on my phone, unlike the 5.0.2 update on my tablet which made it unusable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone just did an automatic update to 5.1 and now it's TOTALLY useless!!! 

The battery drains in less than 3 hours from a full change, where as before the upgrade, I could go all day without a change.

The key press responses are so slow it literally takes about 4 seconds for a response.  It doesn't matter if I'm dialing a number, texting or checking email.  This was a great phone until this ridiculous update! 

It amazes me how badly something can work and companies force it on consumers anyway!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat