cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Lollipop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Issues With Lollipop

I got the lollipop update today (hooray) but now I'm having some issues with my Moto X 1st gen (boo). The home key at the bottom of the screen does nothing when pushed, and if held simply brings up Google. It won't take me back to my home screen.

And when I click on a link in a text message the phone freezes - it won't take me to the link or allow me to do anything. I have to get out of that text message thread by back clicking.

Any ideas on fixes? I've tried restarting the phone and looking at the settings. Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24
GrandMaster

Re: Issues With Lollipop

start with the usuals. do a partition wipe on the device..if that doesnt fix it then back up the phone and do a factory reset on it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Having other problems, phone is laggy now, and for some reason i lost data.

Journeyman

Thanks for the tips. I tried the cache partition with no luck so I may need to erase and reset my phone. I have to back it up first. Will that get rid of lollipop? Will I need to reinstall that?

Turns out that no links work: doesn't matter if I'm in text or email or a word program, if I click on the link the phone freezes. It's annoying.

GrandMaster

no once the update is on the phone its there to stay until something else comes out..or you root it..which isnt recommended due to warranty etc etc. hrm..i'll have to dig around to see if others are seeing this or not in the random forums i hit up in here..might just be your phone but you never know..might even switch over to safe mode to see if it might be an app causing it. if an app isnt fully updated to handle whatever your phone is now running it can cause some issues as well..safe mode is the easiest way to rule this out.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Ok oddly enough after having to reboot a couple of times(phone would freeze on unlock screen).  I was about to factory reset, and instead tried the profile update, after that it seems everthing is ok, no log no locks.

GrandMaster

just keep in mind peeps..LP has been..well..not the nicest of updates lol. there have been tons of issues across the board with manufacturers..so keep an eye on what all issues you guys/gals run into..if possible start up a single thread with the issues you guys run into so they can start being confirmed.

Journeyman

I have the same problems. Links do not work in any app and home button does not work. I haven't tried much, just restarted my phone several times.

Journeyman

Same problems. Home button does nothing, haven't tried links, but every single action has a delay of a significant number of seconds if it happens at all, and phone freezes randomly.

GrandMaster

both of you need to look up how to do a partition wipe on your device..this is not a factory reset. try that first then run it for a day to see if it clears all that up or not.

Journeyman

It's interesting to hear other people are having the same issues. Partition wipe did nothing for me, and looking at apps in safe mode has shown me nothing. Somehow lollipop has messed up the interface. The loss of a home key and having no links is really messing up my phone.

Journeyman

I did the partition wipe also with no success.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat