cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With Lollipop

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Issues With Lollipop

I tried a partition wipe. The phone froze during even that.

GrandMaster

woof. k so more than likely this is something that will need to be fixed on Motorolas side of things. more than likely with yet another update. i have yet to hear of any devices working rock solid after they received LP. this covers Sammy, HTC, LG as well. all had some random funky hiccups after the update. had to get another update to fix them. check out motorolas site to see if there has been any mention of issues and what the responses have been.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I have now successfully performed the partition wipe to no effect. In addition, I am now unable to access my data via USB, thus guaranteeing I will be unable to attempt a factory reset for days at the earliest, if ever. I am livid.

Journeyman

I was having the same issues with the home button not working nor could I click on links. I cleared the partition cache but it did not work. I came across the following solution listed in another forum and bingo! it worked!

Go to: "Settings" then "Users" then click "Guest". Once logged on the "Guest" account go back to "Settings" then "Users" then click "Remove Guest" Bingo!

Hope this helps others

Journeyman

That worked! Awesome. Thanks!

Journeyman

That semmed to work for me also. Not sure how to delete guest. Some of my apps have disapeared and my keyboard is in hinglish. What ever that is.

Journeyman

When I hit guest earlier my phone immediately restarted. It went through and optimized my apps again, but many of them were gone. I go to the play store and download them and it says unable to install. I must them restart my phone and there it is. Frustrating but I guess it works. The home button is fine and I can use links from my other apps now. Thanks for the help.

Journeyman

Wow, you really hit on it, works good. When I reboot my phone, I still have to do the "log in as guest/remove guest" trick, but hey, it gives me my home button back! Thanks!

Journeyman

I had the same home button issue with my Moto X. Took to an independent Sprint store. The guy set up a screen lock pattern, locked my screen, then unlocked it. That fixed the home button issue. He found that solution on a blog. Makes no sense, but it worked. Who figures these fixes out?

He was unable to fix my problem with not being able to turn on my mobile hotspot. It's in my plan, but the option just does not appear on my phone anymore. Any thoughts?

GrandMaster

this seems to be an issue from the update itself that Motorola will need to fix. Sprint isnt the only one affected after that update. Verizon customers are seeing the same thing with the hotspot deal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

rcb1444 solution worked for me too.

set up a screen lock (don't think it matters which kind).  then lock your screen and after you unlock it, the home button works again.  if you restart your phone, you'll have to repeat the process.  annoying

overall this update is terrible.  many weird issues, no new useful features and battery drain is horrible...wonder if ANY phone runs well on 5.1?

if you're lucky enough to still have 4.4.4, do not upgrade! instead, look around and figure out a way to stop the nagging update message.

GrandMaster

the LG G4 i believe received Marshmallow and im not seeing to many complaints. then again i havent checked in there for a while now so this might have changed.oh wait..5.1. im running the M9 with 5.1 and its running WAY better than it did when we first received LP. so their fixes worked pretty well..cant say the same for the rest of the devices that have received bug fixes to fix the LP train wreck though.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat