Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with activation of Moto X bought through motomaker

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issues with activation of Moto X bought through motomaker

I purchased my 32GB Sprint Moto X through the motomaker website. But when I attempted to activate it (tried both online, through chat, and by phone) I am told I have to go into a Sprint store to activate it. Why is this? It came with a SIM card that says Sprint on it.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issues with activation of Moto X bought through motomaker

I had the same issue. But Chat support was able to activate my phone. Still having some issues with Sprint Default Configuration download error. Might have to make the trek to the Sprint Store...

Highlighted
Journeyman

that would be frustrating, I agree.  good luck!  hope you like that phone.  I'm going with the G2.  hope I don't have any probs activating. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello seezar, did your Moto  X from the Moto Maker come with bloatware ? Sprint Zone, Voicemail App,Sprint ID?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same issue. Ordered my customized phone december 6th. So I have to call motorola for the past three days sit on hold for over 30 minutes due to activation issues in order to finalize my order. This is crazy! Now I ask why I have to go thru the activation authorization again for the 3rd day in a row, and they tell me we have to research this maybe my ticket isnt being updated... Told them whatever fix it, because If this happens tomorrow again I want my money back and will never purchase a motorola product again and sprint needs to think about who they build business relationships with because this may even make me move to verizon since my contract is ended.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Guys.... I had the same issue and went to the Sprint Store. Apparently the device shipped from Motorola was not properly registered with Sprint. I believe the Serial # had to be entered into Sprint's database for the phone to activate. Anyhow... They got it working, but now I can't manage the device online and the phone is not updating to the current Android version.

Highlighted
Master

seezar,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in our response. Were you able to get this all taken care of? Often times if an activation cannot be done without going into a store it suggests there may be a provisioning issue with the device or it may not be loaded into our systems. Please let me know if you are in further need of assistance. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

2/10 So same story even made the journey out to a sprint store. The moto x was in sprint's system and said activated but the phone itself was not activating, it kept saying different errors codes (INTERNAL, EXTERNAL, PROFILE Update Failed, the list goes on) but every so often the activation process would start, press activate and then after maybe 6 or 7 revolution of the circle thing and I would get sent to the self service that would spin for 20 minutes only to say processed failed Done or Continue. The Sprint rep tried everything ended up pinning the problem on Motorola. Motorola said it was sprint's issue, got sent around customer service for a couple hours to level 5.They agreed to send me another moto x

2/22 moto x 2 arrives try to activate through the phone, online, chat is useless,

2/23 try it again for "fun" nope have to pay sprint bill of 45 cents to continue. so i pay try everything again. so now my moto2 is said to be activated but the phone again is not and the sprint reps and chat people think im crazy ( I have them log every ticket to my account, Early termination loop hole).

as of 2/25 i have an activated moto x on system but no actual working moto x and i don't want to activate my old phone yet, which very easy, pull battery punch in numbers. no phone side crap to deal with.

so any advice? probably going to the Nexus 5 if this doesnt work but i here thats just as painful to get activated

Highlighted
Master

GregBuell

Thank you for bringing this to our attention I apologize for the delayed response. I'm sorry you are having so many issues with activating your new device. Please PM us your name, number, security info and the link to this thread. We will get to the bottom of this for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

BNGSuperbowl,

Thak you for your posts regarding the issue that you had getting your Motorolla activated.  We're glad to hear that but noticed you were having issues with your device/account online.  Pease let us know if you are still having problems so that we may address them for you..  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat