cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit Kat for Moto X

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kit Kat for Moto X

I've read that the kit Kat update is not available for my phone. I've checked for it and can't find it. Are there only a select few who can download it?

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Kit Kat for Moto X

Haven't received my update yet wondering how long it will be before we get it

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Kit Kat update rolls out in stages, meaning a certain batch of phones will get the update, then another batch and so on.

I still haven't received my notification so gotta still wait.

Highlighted
Master

coreystu, 

Thank you for posting to our Sprint community site and reaching out to us with your question. At this time there is no time frame on when this update will be pushed for the Moto X. Not to worry, when any update becomes available it is pushed directly from the manufacturer to your device. This is done in waves to help avoid capacity issues with the download. For more information and to stay up to date on Sprint news please visit: http://bit.ly/1iwLZpn

Charles G. 

Sprint Social Care Team  

Highlighted
Master

Sal_22,

Thanks for posting as well. You are correct, the Kit Kat up is being pushed out to block of numbers at a time. We thank you for your patience while this update is being released to our Motorola X customer's.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you provide any guidance on how long the longest wait will be?  Example a Total phones is 50,000 batch is 1,000 phones and a new bactch is upgrades every day, so the longest wait will be 2 months?

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

AndriodAddict,

Thanks for posting your question as well. We apologize but a time frame for the completion of the roll has not been provided. 

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the update

Highlighted
Master

sal_22,

Thanks for posting and providing that information. We're glad to hear that you received the update. Please let us know if you have any questions?

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the update this afternoon. Looks nice. One problem though... I've had no 4g signal since. Not sure if it's related but it's annoying...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kit Kat sucks. Looks a little different but still similar to what it was before. Slowed down my Moto X a lot. Apps don't open as quick, unlock screen takes longer to unlock. Possible to go back?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would recommend to do a factory reset and that might fix your issues. Also, check for any app updates on the Play Store. it might be that some apps are not KitKat compatible yet. Hope this helps

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat